This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why are people so against a new type

#1sheathtalondarPosted 4/24/2013 12:11:33 PM
And if its balance issues how do you know gf won't get the balance right.
---
The official silver surfer of the mvc3 board
#2The_Sol_BladerPosted 4/24/2013 12:12:43 PM
Because the ones everyone keeps talking about sound stupid
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board
#3FuneralCakePosted 4/24/2013 12:12:53 PM
Change is bad and scary!
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
if i'm going to heaven, i'd already be there
#4sheathtalondar(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 12:13:50 PM
That seems fair but I feel we can't judge a type till we see pokemon from it
---
The official silver surfer of the mvc3 board
#5P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 4/24/2013 12:14:14 PM
Change is a terrible thing that we all know won't help, before it's even revealed
---
Not changing this sig until Celtics beat the Knicks (Probably won't be long though)
#6Gray_AreasPosted 4/24/2013 12:22:55 PM
It isn't the idea of new types. It's the stupid new types and the stupid ideas people use for them. For instance, if we got the Sound type (that one seems the most plausible to me) there are 18 moves that are classified as "Sound" moves (5 of those are already a type other than normal btw). There are maybe 15 Pokemon that make sense to be retconned into either pure Sound type or a dual Sound type. Why go through the trouble of balancing a type that will directly affect so few Pokemon?

Then there's the retconning of Arceus's type plates. Are we just going to assume that there was a "Tuning Plate" that just hasn't shown up among the other 3 or 4 times we've gotten a complete (at the time) set of plates?
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#7AnaTheCatPosted 4/24/2013 12:25:18 PM
We're not against a new type. We're against stupidity.
#8FuneralCakePosted 4/24/2013 12:25:49 PM
Gray_Areas posted...
Then there's the retconning of Arceus's type plates. Are we just going to assume that there was a "Tuning Plate" that just hasn't shown up among the other 3 or 4 times we've gotten a complete (at the time) set of plates?

That sort of thing happens all the time... Take the Incenses, for example. Are we just going to assume that a new incense just magically appears so that a couple Pokemon get new pre-evolutions? Or a new item gets introduced so that a certain Pokemon gets a new evolution? I don't see people complaining about that.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
if i'm going to heaven, i'd already be there
#9Arne83Posted 4/24/2013 12:35:06 PM
sheathtalondar posted...
And if its balance issues how do you know gf won't get the balance right.

Because getting it right is a lot harder than it seems.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#10Gray_AreasPosted 4/24/2013 12:35:33 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Gray_Areas posted...

That sort of thing happens all the time... Take the Incenses, for example. Are we just going to assume that a new incense just magically appears so that a couple Pokemon get new pre-evolutions? Or a new item gets introduced so that a certain Pokemon gets a new evolution? I don't see people complaining about that.

I'll give you the incenses, but Arceus in the anime (I know, I know anime doesn't match up to the game) has only 16 Plates. They give out his plates in areas that are either connected to that element or connected to Arceus (assuming "The King" from Abyssal Ruins is Arceus). So why haven't we seen a Sound-based plate anywhere? At least the incenses can be created/undiscovered methods of evolution. Though the level up with specific moves thing is somewhat bothersome. But most of the time, GameFreak goes through great lengths to ensure that new evolutions can't be obtained without the help of a new method (like Espeon and Umbreon not evolving with a Sun Stone and Moon Stone). They are usually against retcons and go through a lot of hoops to ensure that very few ever appear. For what reason? I'm not sure. They just do. Not that I'd be against a new type, mind you. I just think most of the types people are suggesting are either too miniscule to be worth the trouble or are just plain stupid.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480