This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are you guys taking the leak's word about "fairy" type?

#1DarkBuster22904Posted 4/24/2013 1:44:47 PM
I dont understand why you're all giving this rumor so much credibility.

The big reason i see is that it comes from the guy who leaked the B/W pokedex early, so that gives this more credibility than a run of the mill rumor. But from where I stand, doesn't it do the opposite?

Iirc, gamefreak was majorly pissed when this guy leaked the pokedex, and their legal department was on him extremely quickly. Following this, two things were likely to have occurred. 1. Heightened security/protection of major game info, and 2. Keeping information from this leak employee.

Even if their protection is lax, do you all seriously think there is even the slightest chance that the company isnt keeping tabs on this guy? He leaked the whole freaking pokedex last time, they would be stupid not o watch him like hawks. And if he did leak big changes like the addition of a new type (that they're apparently trying very hard to keep under wraps) their legal departments would be on this guy's ass in minutes. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..."

But... There has been absolutely nothing. From anyone. Not from him, not from GF. Its all so quiet, when, if this is legit, it shouldnt be. This whole thing reeks of a false leak to me; maybe this guy trolling us because he knows, after last time, lots of people will believe him.
---
-DB
#2AlphaDiamondPosted 4/24/2013 2:17:23 PM
the thing is, you could expect any normal user in the internet to try to "troll" us, of course, but we are talking about a man that not only has revealed the whole pokedex in the past, but he also works for the spanish official nintendo magazine and cooperates in Pokexperto, one of the most important spanish pokemon websites. most people would want to troll us, but not every people, and of course, a professional person wouldn't want to troll and lie.

of course, you can take his leak as you want: you can either believe him or not.
moreover, some people say "GF would go after this guy"... i don't think so, as he is a reporter. GF would go after the man who gave the info to the reporter. but if that person gives info again to this guy, it's not the reporter's fault.
#3jayman7Posted 4/24/2013 2:19:27 PM
You know, I wonder if it's at all possible that GameFreak, being upset over his leak last gen, deliberately fed him false information to discredit him.

Not saying there's any evidence at present this is the case, just that it's always a possibility.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4Arne83Posted 4/24/2013 2:20:40 PM
I'm not. I'm waiting for an official announcement before I believe anything.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#5Davidk92Posted 4/24/2013 2:21:37 PM
Just curious, is this the same guy who predicted legendaries based on card suits?
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#6Hydra_Gundam_Posted 4/24/2013 2:21:47 PM
Its obvious theres nothing to talk about on this board.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#7jayman7Posted 4/24/2013 2:22:53 PM
Davidk92 posted...
Just curious, is this the same guy who predicted legendaries based on card suits?

If it was, I think I'd have heard about it by now.

Mr. XY might have made some claim like that - I don't remember most of XY's claims - but he's been discredited already.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8Arne83Posted 4/24/2013 2:23:45 PM
jayman7 posted...
Davidk92 posted...

If it was, I think I'd have heard about it by now.

Mr. XY might have made some claim like that - I don't remember most of XY's claims - but he's been discredited already.

It was Mr. XY that made that claim.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#9pokemonfreak97Posted 4/24/2013 3:41:39 PM
jayman7 posted...
You know, I wonder if it's at all possible that GameFreak, being upset over his leak last gen, deliberately fed him false information to discredit him.

Not saying there's any evidence at present this is the case, just that it's always a possibility.

I wonder... if they are feeding him, are they trying to see how ludicrous they can get before he's discredited? I mean, he did announce "Fairy" as a type. If that was going to be used, it would've been used with Clefairy, or Togepi, or Phione, or Togekiss, or Audino (also where Sound type would've been put in).
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#10ryudin89Posted 4/24/2013 3:43:15 PM
Arne83 posted...
I'm not. I'm waiting for an official announcement before I believe anything.

This

Hydra_Gundam_ posted...
Its obvious theres nothing to talk about on this board.

And definitely this.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr