This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fire types need to be pwnage again

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Fire types need to be pwnage again

User Info: BlazingRain

BlazingRain
3 years ago#21
Should also be SE against Dark, Fighting, and Psychic.
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah

User Info: powerprotoman

powerprotoman
3 years ago#22
water pokemon /topic

User Info: erekwashere15

erekwashere15
3 years ago#23
Maybe if they weren't afraid to pair Fire with another type not Fighting, they might someday have some glory left.
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards

User Info: RandellK

RandellK
3 years ago#24
XxWontonxX posted...
evillocke posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Arne83 posted...
Did you just really use the term "pwnage"?
Own: PS3 60 GB, Xbox 360 Slim, Xbox 360 Elite, Gamecube, Wii Gameboy Advance, DS XL, DS Lite, PSP 3000, PS Vita, SNES, 3DS
Playing: Radiata Stories PS2

User Info: NeoFalconHavok

NeoFalconHavok
3 years ago#25
GiftedACIII posted...
Davidk92 posted...
Let's make a fire type that's just fire.

No fiery animals.

No fire/fighting.

Just

pure

FIRE.

Slugma. I thought of that instantly.

Why he not come back?
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO

User Info: DarkDragon386

DarkDragon386
3 years ago#26
iKhanic posted...
So fire type is now SE against:

Ice, Grass, Bug, Steel, Rock, AND Ground

Whilst having 5 resistances?

Not broken at all.

You even made Ikhanic disagree with this.

Seriously, why should fire have 6 SE matchups when the most anything has is 5? Especially ground and rock that make 0 sense.
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)

User Info: NeoFalconHavok

NeoFalconHavok
3 years ago#27
Why should Steel types have eleven resistances?
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO

User Info: PK_Gaming

PK_Gaming
3 years ago#28
Fire-types are pretty good.

Sure they're flawed, but fire-types tend to have some really good tools that make them usable, in spite of SR.
Everything that bores me has gotta go!
~Yosuke

User Info: reaverz

reaverz
3 years ago#29
Just like most Water-types have access to Ice-type moves, I think that most Fire-types should have access to Electric-type moves like Thunderbolt. Also, most Grass-types should have access to Ground-type moves like Earth Power, thus making it so that each starter type has almost universal access to moves of a type that hits the starter type that weakens them for Super Effective damage (since right now Water-types can learn Ice-type moves to combat Grass-type Pokemon).

Universal access to Electric-type moves would definitely boost Fire-type Pokemon.
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#30
reaverz posted...
Just like most Water-types have access to Ice-type moves, I think that most Fire-types should have access to Electric-type moves like Thunderbolt. Also, most Grass-types should have access to Ground-type moves like Earth Power, thus making it so that each starter type has almost universal access to moves of a type that hits the starter type that weakens them for Super Effective damage (since right now Water-types can learn Ice-type moves to combat Grass-type Pokemon).

Universal access to Electric-type moves would definitely boost Fire-type Pokemon.

Fire-types have universal access to Solar Beam. The issue is that Solar Beam is shut down if you turn off sun.

I think one way to fix this would be to only allow Drizzle (and other weather abilities) to activate at the end of the turn, rather than the moment a pokemon is sent out.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Fire types need to be pwnage again

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived