This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fire types need to be pwnage again

#21BlazingRainPosted 4/24/2013 4:03:48 PM
Should also be SE against Dark, Fighting, and Psychic.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#22powerprotomanPosted 4/24/2013 4:07:15 PM
water pokemon /topic
#23erekwashere15Posted 4/24/2013 4:22:59 PM
Maybe if they weren't afraid to pair Fire with another type not Fighting, they might someday have some glory left.
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#24RandellKPosted 4/25/2013 6:24:15 AM
XxWontonxX posted...
evillocke posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Arne83 posted...
Did you just really use the term "pwnage"?

---
Own: PS3 60 GB, Xbox 360 Slim, Xbox 360 Elite, Gamecube, Wii Gameboy Advance, DS XL, DS Lite, PSP 3000, PS Vita, SNES, 3DS
Playing: Radiata Stories PS2
#25NeoFalconHavok(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 10:47:30 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
Davidk92 posted...
Let's make a fire type that's just fire.

No fiery animals.

No fire/fighting.

Just

pure

FIRE.

Slugma. I thought of that instantly.

Why he not come back?
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#26DarkDragon386Posted 4/25/2013 11:20:48 AM
iKhanic posted...
So fire type is now SE against:

Ice, Grass, Bug, Steel, Rock, AND Ground

Whilst having 5 resistances?

Not broken at all.

You even made Ikhanic disagree with this.

Seriously, why should fire have 6 SE matchups when the most anything has is 5? Especially ground and rock that make 0 sense.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#27NeoFalconHavok(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 11:23:16 AM
Why should Steel types have eleven resistances?
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#28PK_GamingPosted 4/25/2013 11:25:48 AM
Fire-types are pretty good.

Sure they're flawed, but fire-types tend to have some really good tools that make them usable, in spite of SR.
---
Everything that bores me has gotta go!
~Yosuke
#29reaverzPosted 4/25/2013 11:30:29 AM
Just like most Water-types have access to Ice-type moves, I think that most Fire-types should have access to Electric-type moves like Thunderbolt. Also, most Grass-types should have access to Ground-type moves like Earth Power, thus making it so that each starter type has almost universal access to moves of a type that hits the starter type that weakens them for Super Effective damage (since right now Water-types can learn Ice-type moves to combat Grass-type Pokemon).

Universal access to Electric-type moves would definitely boost Fire-type Pokemon.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#30iKhanicPosted 4/25/2013 11:34:03 AM
reaverz posted...
Just like most Water-types have access to Ice-type moves, I think that most Fire-types should have access to Electric-type moves like Thunderbolt. Also, most Grass-types should have access to Ground-type moves like Earth Power, thus making it so that each starter type has almost universal access to moves of a type that hits the starter type that weakens them for Super Effective damage (since right now Water-types can learn Ice-type moves to combat Grass-type Pokemon).

Universal access to Electric-type moves would definitely boost Fire-type Pokemon.

Fire-types have universal access to Solar Beam. The issue is that Solar Beam is shut down if you turn off sun.

I think one way to fix this would be to only allow Drizzle (and other weather abilities) to activate at the end of the turn, rather than the moment a pokemon is sent out.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US