This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a Pokemon Cycle?

#1iKhanicPosted 4/24/2013 4:36:53 PM
I know there's a Zelda Cycle, Sonic Cycle, and Nintendo Cycle, but I'm curious if there is a Pokemon Cycle, since I've only gotten back into the series recently.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2Pendragon71037Posted 4/24/2013 4:43:53 PM
From what I've heard, it's kind of like the Zelda cycle: the current is either loved or hated (depending on things like whether you are a genwunner or not) the previous is not nearly as cool as we thought it was, and the one before that is liked/hated by whoever hates/likes the current one. Any before that are considered old, but very nostalgic, even better than current, in some cases.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#3grape_purplePosted 4/24/2013 4:44:13 PM
Not really.

And what's the zelda cycle?
---
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/d/d4/GokuBeeGif.gif
#4iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 4:47:46 PM
grape_purple posted...
Not really.

And what's the zelda cycle?

The most recent 3D title is the ass of the series, the second most recent 3D title is "not as bad as people remember", the third most recent 3D title is the best game ever made, and the 4th most recent 3D title is "overrated".
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5jayman7Posted 4/24/2013 4:49:49 PM
During the fourth gen, the third gen was bashed and the first two gens adored.

During the fifth, the third gen was added to the adored category (though never quite as far as the first two) while the fourth got bashed.

Nowadays I don't hear much bashing of the fourth gen...

So yeah.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6SilverSaint7Posted 4/24/2013 4:53:21 PM
jayman7 posted...
During the fourth gen, the third gen was bashed and the first two gens adored.

During the fifth, the third gen was added to the adored category (though never quite as far as the first two) while the fourth got bashed.

Nowadays I don't hear much bashing of the fourth gen...

So yeah.

I've actually seen 4th gen getting bashed a lot lately.

Once XY come out, 5th gen is the one people will bash and 4th gen will be the new best games ever.

We're predictable as f***.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jnCZgwQ.gif
#7Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/24/2013 4:54:42 PM

Once XY come out, 5th gen is the one people will bash and 4th gen will be the new best games ever.

It's not the same people though.

That's the flaw with all of these supposed "cycles"; it's never the same people.
#8jayman7Posted 4/24/2013 5:00:32 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
That's the flaw with all of these supposed "cycles"; it's never the same people.

At no point do any of these cycles say it's necessarily the same people.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9PinxedPosted 4/24/2013 5:05:45 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...

It's not the same people though.

Actually, that's how the whole system works. I started with Wind Waker and Ruby, so you always have "nostalgia whores", it's just that no one refers to them as this because it's not OoT/Gen 1. I was... say 6 or 7 when I played these games. I'm 16 now, able to use this site according to the rules. So by the time I was able to create an account my first gen would happen to line up with the current gen, considering 1 gen/5 years = 2 gens difference between my original gen and current gen. You get a swarm of "nostalgia whores" who eventually die off the boards with uni/college. Then, the lurkers who are 11/12 years old will say it's overrated and will love DPPt because it was their gen.
#10FuneralCakePosted 4/24/2013 5:07:28 PM
Yeah, there's definitely a cycle. Just look at how much people bash gen 4 right now. Once gen 7 is announced, we're gonna have a ton of people bashing gen 5.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
if i'm going to heaven, i'd already be there