This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people want a fairy type?

#1GeneralCortezPosted 4/24/2013 6:53:53 PM
Sounds rather esoteric. What would your idea of a fairy type be?

And Pokemon that are like fairies tend to be psychic typed.

All I can think of is CleFAIRY being retconned into being a fairy type. But what real good would a fairy type be? What attacks would it have?
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#2LexifoxPosted 4/24/2013 6:55:09 PM
People want a Fairy type because they feel it'll (help) fix the type chart or because they find the prospect of a new type to be exciting.

Personally I think there's also a good amount of people who just find the idea so absurd that they're trolling with it.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3ColonelHawkPosted 4/24/2013 6:56:13 PM
it's just a running gag perpetrated by someone on 4chan who supposedly leaked Sylveon's type.
#4icequeenprincePosted 4/24/2013 6:57:51 PM
GeneralCortez posted...

And Pokemon that are like fairies tend to be psychic typed.

All I can think of is CleFAIRY being retconned into being a fairy type. But what real good would a fairy type be? What attacks would it have?

Fairy Attacks!!
#5dodgekk9Posted 4/24/2013 6:58:17 PM
If the 'fairy' type happens to be true (which I hope its NOT)...its a WASTE of a type.
---
youtube.com/platinumphalanges - My Youtube channel for RE 6 Mercenaries/ COD BlackOps2 gameplay
***Add me on PSN (PressStart101) if you want to be in my videos
#6Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/24/2013 7:06:36 PM
GeneralCortez posted...

Eldritch, mysterious, and/or cute.

We have dedicated ghost and dragon types, so fairy seems like a natural fit as it encompasses a fair number of mythological concepts: everything from sidhe of Ireland to youkai of Japanese folklore to the nymphs of Greek myths.
#7GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 7:08:23 PM
Problem is they would likely fit into the other types, like ghost, dragon, or psychic

I'll be fair and not say they could fit into normal. Errthing is normal
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#8scrappybristolPosted 4/24/2013 7:09:04 PM
It's not that I want it but I understand that it has the potential to be a new type.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#9CakeOfLiesPosted 4/24/2013 7:47:56 PM
Lexifox posted...
People want a Fairy type because they feel it'll (help) fix the type chart or because they find the prospect of a new type to be exciting.

Personally I think there's also a good amount of people who just find the idea so absurd that they're trolling with it.

This.
People don't seem to fathom how delicate the type chart is.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#10SilverSockPosted 4/24/2013 7:56:20 PM
Honestly, Fairy would be far from my first choice (Although I hardly have any better ideas...), but I wouldn't mind a new type.

After all these years, I'd like to see them throw caution to the wind and mix things up a little. A new type is interesting; it's something they haven't done in many years, and it gives us veterans a whole new factor to consider and explore. It's been a long, long time since anyone has felt the thrill of testing out a whole new type.

Maybe a new type would prove to be a bad idea, nobody can really say for sure. But hey, if it does happen, I really doubt it will ruin the game; I'd be excited to try out any new type, no matter how stupid its name/concept sounds.

And if it doesn't happen, we'll get another new installment with the type chart that has seen 4 excellent generations. Either way, I'll be happy :)
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson