This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people want a fairy type?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why do people want a fairy type?
3 years ago#1
Sounds rather esoteric. What would your idea of a fairy type be?

And Pokemon that are like fairies tend to be psychic typed.

All I can think of is CleFAIRY being retconned into being a fairy type. But what real good would a fairy type be? What attacks would it have?
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
3 years ago#2
People want a Fairy type because they feel it'll (help) fix the type chart or because they find the prospect of a new type to be exciting.

Personally I think there's also a good amount of people who just find the idea so absurd that they're trolling with it.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
3 years ago#3
it's just a running gag perpetrated by someone on 4chan who supposedly leaked Sylveon's type.
3 years ago#4
GeneralCortez posted...

And Pokemon that are like fairies tend to be psychic typed.

All I can think of is CleFAIRY being retconned into being a fairy type. But what real good would a fairy type be? What attacks would it have?

Fairy Attacks!!
3 years ago#5
If the 'fairy' type happens to be true (which I hope its NOT)...its a WASTE of a type.
youtube.com/platinumphalanges - My Youtube channel for RE 6 Mercenaries/ COD BlackOps2 gameplay
***Add me on PSN (PressStart101) if you want to be in my videos
3 years ago#6
GeneralCortez posted...

Eldritch, mysterious, and/or cute.

We have dedicated ghost and dragon types, so fairy seems like a natural fit as it encompasses a fair number of mythological concepts: everything from sidhe of Ireland to youkai of Japanese folklore to the nymphs of Greek myths.
3 years ago#7
Problem is they would likely fit into the other types, like ghost, dragon, or psychic

I'll be fair and not say they could fit into normal. Errthing is normal
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
3 years ago#8
It's not that I want it but I understand that it has the potential to be a new type.
I'm a jukebox hero.
3 years ago#9
Lexifox posted...
People want a Fairy type because they feel it'll (help) fix the type chart or because they find the prospect of a new type to be exciting.

Personally I think there's also a good amount of people who just find the idea so absurd that they're trolling with it.

This.
People don't seem to fathom how delicate the type chart is.
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
3 years ago#10
Honestly, Fairy would be far from my first choice (Although I hardly have any better ideas...), but I wouldn't mind a new type.

After all these years, I'd like to see them throw caution to the wind and mix things up a little. A new type is interesting; it's something they haven't done in many years, and it gives us veterans a whole new factor to consider and explore. It's been a long, long time since anyone has felt the thrill of testing out a whole new type.

Maybe a new type would prove to be a bad idea, nobody can really say for sure. But hey, if it does happen, I really doubt it will ruin the game; I'd be excited to try out any new type, no matter how stupid its name/concept sounds.

And if it doesn't happen, we'll get another new installment with the type chart that has seen 4 excellent generations. Either way, I'll be happy :)
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why do people want a fairy type?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived