This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope this game has version exclusive TMs

#11SlimeStackPosted 4/25/2013 6:17:36 AM
I like the idea but it screws people over in single player mode. So how about some sort of mode where you can get free move tutor moves through friends? Allows you to get the moves in single player and has a bonus if you play with friends.
---
Moo
#12themagicpainmanPosted 4/25/2013 6:20:07 AM
For the forever alones

XD le reddit
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#13slothicaPosted 4/25/2013 6:24:07 AM
In which way do you mean? Like, for example;

1. You can only get TM 20 in X, and TM 50 in Y, so you have to trade them over or trade pokemon to another game to learn said TMs?

2. Or, TM 20 in X is Stealth Rocks and in Y it's Explosion?

If it's like 2, then maybe I'd be on board with the idea. Sure, it's a hassle, but that opens up the movepool of each pokemon significantly, giving us plenty of other movepool options. Of course, they could just add more TMs... but think of how big the list would get after awhile.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
I died and went to heaven. Apparently I'm on the ban list.
#14pokemonfreak97Posted 4/25/2013 6:56:18 AM
No. Version exclusives are generally bad, but version-exclusives that affect individual Pokémon are dumb. Did you ever train a Deoxys in Gen III? You needed to trade it between games to get it to switch formes to get it to learn the different level-up moves. For instance, the first Smogon Deoxys-A set in Gen III. It needs Superpower (Attack Forme), Shadow Ball (TM), ExtremeSpeed (Speed Forme), and Fire Punch (Speed Forme because it's an Emerald tutor)/Thunder (TM)/Ice Beam (TM), it'll have to be in FireRed at Lv. 30, Emerald at Lv. 50, and then it'll have to go back to FireRed with or without learning TMs and/or Fire Punch. You can't get the set without trading at least twice, and that's if you get the Deoxys in FireRed. (Learn Superpower-->Learn Emerald moves-->Turn back into Attack Forme)
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4