This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Hyper Beam (and equivalents) should be buffed

#11OmegaReaper21Posted 4/25/2013 10:37:59 AM
Natatteru posted...

C'mon it's Hyper Beam, I got shivers when I first saw that move and the animation in Gen I. Now it's a joke.

Agreed, BUFF THAT $#!^
#12Relient_KPosted 4/25/2013 11:13:11 AM
I'd be okay with skipping the recharge turn for a KO if you had to recharge when you miss and they lowered the accuracy to 80.

The logic behind skipping the recharge for a KO is that, in a real match, a trainer would sit there thinking for a bit to decide who to use next. Plus, while it isn't shown in game, you are withdrawing the fainted pokemon and switching in a new one, which usually takes a turn anyway.
---
We all ate the biscuits, Fighter. We can all see through time. [ER]
#13IngSlayerPosted 4/25/2013 11:17:21 AM
No recharge needed and it does 200 points of damage.

Oh, and the user gets STAB for it, regardless of what the type(s) the user has.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#14Oblivion_HeroPosted 4/25/2013 11:55:19 AM
Give them a crit chance = to base speed / 152.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#15EpsteinBarrPosted 4/25/2013 3:51:05 PM
I want Hyper Beam to be like it was in Gen 1. If it faints a Pokemon, no recharge. I bet it'd get way more uses then.
#16Xavier_On_HighPosted 4/25/2013 5:00:08 PM
C. I'd love if the Hyper Beam variants were more viable. Copying my own post from an older topic suggesting move adjustments:

Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Rock Wrecker and Roar of Time ---> If the foe isn't knocked out, it is forced out.

Blast Burn ---> Creates a Field of Fire (Fire Pledge+Grass Pledge effect) on foe's side of the field.

Hydro Cannon ---> Creates a Rainbow (Water Pledge+Fire Pledge effect) on user's side of the field.

Frenzy Plant ---> Creates a Marsh (Grass Pledge+Water Pledge effect) on foe's side of the field.

I think that would make them worth using even with the recharge turn.
---
"It was like unwrapping a wonderful present -- a present made out of presents." - Graham Linehan, describing the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
#17Pendragon71037Posted 4/25/2013 8:57:36 PM
Xavier_On_High posted...
C. I'd love if the Hyper Beam variants were more viable. Copying my own post from an older topic suggesting move adjustments:

Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Rock Wrecker and Roar of Time ---> If the foe isn't knocked out, it is forced out.

Blast Burn ---> Creates a Field of Fire (Fire Pledge+Grass Pledge effect) on foe's side of the field.

Hydro Cannon ---> Creates a Rainbow (Water Pledge+Fire Pledge effect) on user's side of the field.

Frenzy Plant ---> Creates a Marsh (Grass Pledge+Water Pledge effect) on foe's side of the field.

I think that would make them worth using even with the recharge turn.

Just curious, but what would the point of the Pledges be then? Yes, they only take one turn, but they still take two attacks, if you get what I mean.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#18Chaos_MissilePosted 4/25/2013 9:03:18 PM
Natatteru posted...
They have to return to Gen 1 status, where they didn't need to recharge if it killed the opposing Pokemon.

Lance's teams in Gen 1, 2 and 3 is FILLED to the brim with Hyper Beam. Hyper Beam is like his signature attack. Even his altest Gen IV rematch has 3 Pokemons with Hyper Beam, the primary user being Dragonite.

Unless you overlevel, say hello to That One Boss?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#19CharizardFirePosted 4/25/2013 9:58:45 PM
scrappybristol posted...
I'd like an ability that lets the user instantly recharge.

Give it to Dragonite.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#20iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 10:22:32 PM
CharizardFire posted...
scrappybristol posted...
I'd like an ability that lets the user instantly recharge.

Give it to Dragonite.

No way the king of RBY should get it.

Retro
Signature ability of Tauros:
Moves that require a turn to recharge no longer require it. Critical hit rate is set to 21.4%. Sp. Defense is set equal to Sp. Atk.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US