This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen II brought forth TWO new types...

#1fddsfsasfPosted 4/25/2013 10:47:31 AM
Gen V was EXTREMELY parallel to Gen I in regards to pokemon design.
By that logic, Gen VI will be more parallel to Gen II.

...So maybe we'll get another type, on top of fairy?

Cosmic?
Time?
Sound?
Radiation?
#2jayman7Posted 4/25/2013 10:52:15 AM
Maybe, if Fairy turns out to be real.

If.

But there are plenty of good potential types (a lot of them better than "Fairy" 9_9) to pick from, while "Cosmic" and "Radiation" strike me as significantly worse than Fairy.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3javel34Posted 4/25/2013 10:54:59 AM
Gen 2 also introduced sunflora

Worthless sunflower confirmed for gen 6
---
Black 2 FC:0519 5089 8733
#4reaverzPosted 4/25/2013 10:56:33 AM
If the Fairy rumor is true, then Xerneas is a Fairy-type Pokemon and Yveltal is a Dark/Flying Pokemon. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have two new types and have only one of the cover legends be one of the new types.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#5MusicVisualizerPosted 4/25/2013 11:01:54 AM
If the Fairy rumor is true, then Xerneas is a Fairy-type Pokemon and Yveltal is a Dark/Flying Pokemon. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have two new types and have only one of the cover legends be one of the new types.

Gen II.

---
Music for the eyes.
#6Stormvale12Posted 4/25/2013 11:04:32 AM
Except that the new types were necessary to balance psychic. Even though the game may still be unbalanced, there is no type that is so unbalanced that it requires new types to fix it.
---
White 2 FC: 1679 3141 2693
#7Cpt_CalamityPosted 4/25/2013 11:05:23 AM
Gen 2 also had day/night exclusive Pokemon

Time exclusive Pokemon confirmed for gen 6.
---
Where is my desk?
#8The_Sol_BladerPosted 4/25/2013 11:06:23 AM
Gen 2 also had two regions

Empty Hoenn region confirmed for gen 6
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board
#9koopabros64Posted 4/25/2013 11:07:28 AM
I doubt it, but I like the idea of the sound type.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#10reaverzPosted 4/25/2013 11:14:52 AM
MusicVisualizer posted...

Gen II.

Your point? If there's a Fairy type as rumored, then Xerneas is a Fairy-type and Yveltal is Dark/Flying, as all of that was part of the rumor. My point is, if there is another new type that's yet to be unrevealed, then why wouldn't GameFreak have made it so that Xerneas and Yveltal both show off a new type (Xerneas for Fairy and Yveltal for the other new type)?

It's already strange that Xerneas would be of the new type while Yveltal would be the arguably less exciting Dark/Flying, but it would be downright ridiculous if Yveltal was Dark/Flying knowing that there was another new type other than Fairy that it could have been to make it as equally exciting as Xerneas' type.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]