This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The reason why there isn't going to be a new Pokemon type.

#31GalladetheGreatPosted 4/25/2013 3:48:33 PM
ColtCababa posted...
naw fiary tyep iz real cuz yolo

I read "fiery".
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#32reaverzPosted 4/25/2013 3:51:29 PM
CWtennis posted...
1- GF doesn't care about the metagame. It develops on it's own by the fans and saves them the trouble of having to 'balance' things

2- Regarding the issue on balance, the type chart is FAAAAAR from balanced. Dark and Steel were added most likely because there were too many unique designs related to the two types. It'd be weird if they made Umbreon a different type.

1. If GameFreak didn't care about a metagame, it would not add things like Life Orb, Choice items, Prankster, etc. that require a degree of skill to use effectively.

2. One of my earlier posts shows a quote from Ken Sugimori that proves GameFreak added Dark and Steel to balance out the Psychic type: "Psychic Pokémon seemed to dominate in the previous Pokémon game, so we needed to come up with new Pokémon and types to make Gold and Silver more balanced." It's also very telling that some Gen I Pokemon received split evos that avoided or removed a type that made it weak to Psychic (Politoed and Bellossom).
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#33LightningHawk90Posted 4/25/2013 3:51:44 PM
TC is hardcore in denial about this.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#34Rat_a_tatPosted 4/25/2013 4:34:46 PM
MM125 posted...
>implying a new type would completely destroy balance.

>implying the game is balanced already.
---
"Official" furry liaison to GameFAQs.
#35HermeticJusticePosted 4/25/2013 4:59:25 PM
IceDragon77 posted...
In Gen 2 they added 2 new types, Dark and Steel.

The reason they added Dark was to counter balance Psychic which previously only Bug and Ghost were super effective against, and the only type to resist Psychic, was Psychic. Dark is both super effective against, as well as immune to, Psychic.

The reason why they added Steel. First, to add another type that resisted Psychic. Also they created Steel types to add a type that resisted Dragon. Without Steel, Dragons would become insanely over powered with nothing to resist them. That's not very good for balance.

So what I'm getting at is that they added these two types to balance other types that were over powered.
Right now everything sits nicely. Every type has strengths and weaknesses.

We don't need a new type just for the sake of adding a new type. That's just plain stupid.

And THAT, fairy/love type believers, is why us sane people think that there will not be a new type.
Not because we hate change. But because we love balance, and realize a new type is not needed.

First of all the types in Pokemon are far from balanced

Second of all unless you're a Representative of GameFreaks come to tell use about this game you are just as ignorant as the rest of us

Finally, if a new type is announced then what will you do, prophet?
---
The official Ongyo-Ki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
As above, so below
#36DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/25/2013 5:16:45 PM
IceDragon77 posted...
We don't need a new type just for the sake of adding a new type. That's just plain stupid.

We don't need new Pokémon just for the sake of adding new Pokémon. That's just plain stupid.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#37ThatKippPosted 4/25/2013 5:26:41 PM
GalladetheGreat posted...
ColtCababa posted...
naw fiary tyep iz real cuz yolo

I read "fiery".

Me too
---
Official Nate of the Pokemon X board with my pet Medicham and Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#38IceDragon77(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 8:40:40 PM
IceDragon77 posted...

We don't need new Pokémon just for the sake of adding new Pokémon. That's just plain stupid.

Problem with that statement, if they didn't add new pokemon in a game then they couldn't call it the next generation of Pokemon.
---
http://i.imgur.com/xWWX5xm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tMhFpCD.jpg Thanks Fellwolf and L4DHunter! <3