This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There needs to be a Pokemon that represents Christianity

#101MagikarpRulesPosted 4/25/2013 9:48:52 PM
Enferolunos posted...
seafoamwinter posted...
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
Enferolunos posted...

And religion promotes this

No. Extremists do. There's a difference.

This. I feel like every Christian is stereotyped into being a Westboro Baptist Church member or something lmao. I'm a Christian and I learned not to judge people and the greatest commandment was to "love thy neighbor as thyself.

I already said, I don't hate (all) people who are religious, I hate the religions

I hope you have more than superficial knowledge about said religions; otherwise, that's just not very rational.
#102EnferolunosPosted 4/25/2013 9:57:33 PM
Religions (or many, at least), promote obedience over free thought, which is unacceptable
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#103MagikarpRulesPosted 4/25/2013 10:01:30 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Religions (or many, at least), promote obedience over free thought, which is unacceptable

So non religious laws are unacceptable too? After all, they not only promote obedience, they physically punish disobedience.
#104EnferolunosPosted 4/25/2013 10:04:26 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
Enferolunos posted...

So non religious laws are unacceptable too? After all, they not only promote obedience, they physically punish disobedience.

That's different, as those are intended to help and protect people (although laws that aren't for that purpose are unacceptable), whereas religion is just meant to control people.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
#105RingsOfUranusPosted 4/25/2013 10:04:56 PM
ITT: People arguing with Christians. That never works well. At least we've evolved to a certain point where they stopped killing everyone who disagreed with them.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
#106Gregar7777Posted 4/25/2013 10:14:56 PM
Enferolunos posted...

They mislead people, and present things as facts that they have no proof of. Many are also very discriminatory to others.

Well, so does Science. People often say they're not religious (Which isn't the point) but you don't strictly need a name for your religion or a ritual. Money can be a god, video games can be a god, lust can be a god, science and the belief that science is superior to all can be a god, even the love of self-indulgence in proving others not to be your equal intellectually can be a god. People can worship anything. And they have. When you say "Science proves your religion is crap" You're saying "My god is better than yours". Except we can't rely on science, there's so much we don't understand. So really, you can't disprove anything. Anyone could be right. I believe Christianity is right, you believe that Science is right. Who truly knows?
---
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Main:Hwoarang
I game on the Android and a Acer Aspire One Netbook. Yep.
#107EnferolunosPosted 4/25/2013 10:26:52 PM(edited)
Gregar7777 posted...
Enferolunos posted...

They mislead people, and present things as facts that they have no proof of. Many are also very discriminatory to others.

Well, so does Science. People often say they're not religious (Which isn't the point) but you don't strictly need a name for your religion or a ritual. Money can be a god, video games can be a god, lust can be a god, science and the belief that science is superior to all can be a god, even the love of self-indulgence in proving others not to be your equal intellectually can be a god. People can worship anything. And they have. When you say "Science proves your religion is crap" You're saying "My god is better than yours". Except we can't rely on science, there's so much we don't understand. So really, you can't disprove anything. Anyone could be right. I believe Christianity is right, you believe that Science is right. Who truly knows?

Science does a lot more good than religion, and may have occasional corruption, but always tends to correct itself, as it's essentially based on trying to disprove itself, and when it can't, it accepts that it's probably right. Religion does nothing to try to correct itself, and in no way advances knowledge.

Also, religion is never a problem until it prevents people from listening to reason: For example, half of America not believing in evolution.
---
#108RingsOfUranusPosted 4/25/2013 10:24:23 PM
Gregar7777 posted...
Enferolunos posted...

You just equated video games to a God. I'm pretty sure if yours exists, he's sending you to whatever version of hell your holy book of choice dictates for not understanding the difference between a deity and an idol.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
#109IpsylosPosted 4/25/2013 10:27:18 PM
Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.
#110arcnovaPosted 4/25/2013 10:42:33 PM
how about we keep your crappy BS religion out of video games entirely? that sounds like a GREAT plan, yea lets do that
---
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610