This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There needs to be a Pokemon that represents Christianity

#111Serenity138Posted 4/25/2013 9:42:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#112RingsOfUranusPosted 4/25/2013 9:45:26 PM
Serenity138 posted...
Nintendo won't let a mass murderer in to pokemon. They all have to at least on redeemable quality and at least a IQ above 10

**** does this even say?
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.
#113torentdragonPosted 4/25/2013 9:47:02 PM
RingsOfUranus posted...
Gregar7777 posted...
Enferolunos posted...

They mislead people, and present things as facts that they have no proof of. Many are also very discriminatory to others.

Well, so does Science. People often say they're not religious (Which isn't the point) but you don't strictly need a name for your religion or a ritual. Money can be a god, video games can be a god, lust can be a god, science and the belief that science is superior to all can be a god, even the love of self-indulgence in proving others not to be your equal intellectually can be a god. People can worship anything. And they have. When you say "Science proves your religion is crap" You're saying "My god is better than yours". Except we can't rely on science, there's so much we don't understand. So really, you can't disprove anything. Anyone could be right. I believe Christianity is right, you believe that Science is right. Who truly knows?

You just equated video games to a God. I'm pretty sure if yours exists, he's sending you to whatever version of hell your holy book of choice dictates for not understanding the difference between a deity and an idol.

I don't think he would, as it's quite obivious he means people worship it as a God.
---
:/
#114KittenLinaPosted 4/25/2013 9:51:24 PM
Saw the title and skipped to the last page knowing people who realize Christianity is dumb would post here.

I was not disappointed.
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#115RingsOfUranusPosted 4/25/2013 9:55:45 PM
torentdragon posted...
RingsOfUranus posted...
Gregar7777 posted...
Enferolunos posted...

They mislead people, and present things as facts that they have no proof of. Many are also very discriminatory to others.

Well, so does Science. People often say they're not religious (Which isn't the point) but you don't strictly need a name for your religion or a ritual. Money can be a god, video games can be a god, lust can be a god, science and the belief that science is superior to all can be a god, even the love of self-indulgence in proving others not to be your equal intellectually can be a god. People can worship anything. And they have. When you say "Science proves your religion is crap" You're saying "My god is better than yours". Except we can't rely on science, there's so much we don't understand. So really, you can't disprove anything. Anyone could be right. I believe Christianity is right, you believe that Science is right. Who truly knows?

You just equated video games to a God. I'm pretty sure if yours exists, he's sending you to whatever version of hell your holy book of choice dictates for not understanding the difference between a deity and an idol.

I don't think he would, as it's quite obivious he means people worship it as a God.

Who? Who exactly worships video games as a god? Who exactly sits down in Gamestop and has a prayer session to Hideo Kojima? Even if they did, Hideo Kojima and video games in general are tangible things, a god is by definition a theistic, omnipotent deity. Sure I guess you could worship them, but not as a 'god' and using the term that way is almost anger-inspiringly ignorant. Let me rephrase my last post more clearly.

Gregar, your post was stupid on every possible level.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.
#116MegaWentEvilPosted 4/25/2013 9:58:16 PM
Saying someone has a low IQ is offensive to the mentally handicapped who actually have lower-than-usual IQ, but are great people.
#117FOGEDABOUDITPosted 4/25/2013 9:59:31 PM
You're using Christianity as an umbrella term for spirituality in general. This is stupid. Christianity is nothing but a cult. In order for a Pokemon to represent Christianity it needs to be considered as a deity and must have a cult following.
---
I do so love Riften. I journeyed here in my youth. A thief took my purse... so I took his eyes. It was a fair exchange.
#118WindyligthPosted 4/25/2013 10:02:39 PM
Come on Uranus. You know what he meant.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#119torentdragonPosted 4/25/2013 10:07:14 PM
RingsOfUranus posted...
torentdragon posted...
RingsOfUranus posted...
Gregar7777 posted...
Enferolunos posted...

Who? Who exactly worships video games as a god? Who exactly sits down in Gamestop and has a prayer session to Hideo Kojima? Even if they did, Hideo Kojima and video games in general are tangible things, a god is by definition a theistic, omnipotent deity. Sure I guess you could worship them, but not as a 'god' and using the term that way is almost anger-inspiringly ignorant. Let me rephrase my last post more clearly.

Gregar, your post was stupid on every possible level.

Worshiping a God is not just about kneeling and saying "plz gimme stuff" or just praising him, it's also in the (other) actions that you do. If you worship money as your God you would probably try to get as close as possible to it and get as much as possible of it. People try to worship their God by showing it in their actions. Although most of the muslims don't agree with it, there are still people who terrorize other people in name of their God (also westboro baptist church). Wheter this is correct is up to you to decide, but my point still stands. Actions speak louder than words.
---
:/
#120zombiabsolPosted 4/25/2013 10:09:28 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Gregar7777 posted...
Enferolunos posted...

Science does a lot more good than religion, and may have occasional corruption, but always tends to correct itself, as it's essentially based on trying to disprove itself, and when it can't, it accepts that it's probably right. Religion does nothing to try to correct itself, and in no way advances knowledge.

Also, religion is never a problem until it prevents people from listening to reason: For example, half of America not believing in evolution.

Yep.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.