This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There needs to be a Pokemon that represents Christianity

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. There needs to be a Pokemon that represents Christianity
2 years ago#31
MegaWentEvil posted...
I believe that such a Pokemon exists. Its name is Trubbish.

No, that's the Pokemon that represents each and every single AFRICAN American'S in the world, even women, children, and BABIES.

People like you two are weird and immature.
---
Black 2 FC 4857-5652-4968
2 years ago#32
It would still lose to the newly introduced Iron Chariot Pokemon.
2 years ago#33
Jinx will be his only weakness...
2 years ago#34
Besides obvious allusions to Arceus (which represents the concept of a supreme deity as existing in many religions; hardly an exclusive concept to the Abrahamic religions and definitely not unique to Christianity), Pokémon doesn't need to deal with religion much beyond the creation trio; Arceus, as a supreme deity, is non-specific enough that it doesn't offend too many people.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
2 years ago#35
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Besides obvious allusions to Arceus (which represents the concept of a supreme deity as existing in many religions; hardly an exclusive concept to the Abrahamic religions and definitely not unique to Christianity), Pokémon doesn't need to deal with religion much beyond the creation trio; Arceus, as a supreme deity, is non-specific enough that it doesn't offend too many people.

Arceus holds strong undertones of Shinto belief, with things like Spear Pillar, the many arms, and the idea of creating many from itself.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
2 years ago#36
Drifloon represents the Catholic Chutch
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
2 years ago#37
Can we not insult Christianity? Seriously?
2 years ago#38
Genericgamer667, I already got modded for a similar post in my outburst of anger. You should delete that post before someone marks you too.
2 years ago#39
Pinxed posted...

Internet tough guys and angstheists.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
2 years ago#40
Lexifox posted...
Pinxed posted...

Internet tough guys and angstheists.

What's an angtheist?
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. There needs to be a Pokemon that represents Christianity

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived