This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There needs to be a Pokemon that represents Christianity

#61MercuriusPhiPosted 4/25/2013 7:02:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#62IAmMC2Posted 4/25/2013 7:02:47 PM
shadyelf posted...
Hey if Christians get their god in pokemon I want Khorne in pokemon too. It's only fair

Arceus isn't based on the Christian god, he's just a generic godlike figure.
---
RIP Dante, Big Boss, Mewtwo and decency in the industry.
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#63NekoHime64Posted 4/25/2013 7:10:33 PM
Izzythewinner posted...
Jynx and slowpoke are clear violations to the 7 deadly sins. Snorlax is violating 2 of them. Laziness and gluttony

Hmmm, pride could be Empoleon, lust could be Jnyx or Lopunny, rage could be Primeape, gluttony could be Munchlax, sloth be Snorlax, avarice could be Persian, and envy could be... uhhh... Ditto maybe? Just a thought.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
#64LegendofLink17Posted 4/25/2013 7:18:06 PM
MercuriusPhi posted...
kirbydude385 posted...
we already have one: hypno

1. Accurate
2. LOL

Also; I nominate the majestic Snorlax for the Christian representative for Pokemon, as its gluttony and sloth parallel the church perfectly.

You may not agree with my religion and that's fine, but i do ask that you don't insult it.
---
Black 2 FC: 1851 0539 3947
#65sonicfanaticjtbPosted 4/25/2013 7:18:40 PM
There's a church in the 4th gen games.

I don't recall if it represented a specific religion or just faith in general.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#66MercuriusPhiPosted 4/25/2013 7:33:29 PM
LegendofLink17 posted...
MercuriusPhi posted...
kirbydude385 posted...

1. Accurate
2. LOL

Also; I nominate the majestic Snorlax for the Christian representative for Pokemon, as its gluttony and sloth parallel the church perfectly.

You may not agree with my religion and that's fine, but i do ask that you don't insult it.

Good sir, no insult was meant. However, the cultural impact of a demand to have Christianity represented makes me question how tolerant you'd be to other religions being equally represented alongside it. Yes, the faith traditions held in Japan are within the game; this is due to the game being Japanese-developed, produced, owned, ad infinitum. I'll make no move against a group being represented, so long as that group is moving to allow all faiths to be acknowledged.

With that, I will leave you with this: "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
#67EnferolunosPosted 4/25/2013 7:34:06 PM
LegendofLink17 posted...
MercuriusPhi posted...
kirbydude385 posted...

1. Accurate
2. LOL

Don't worry, it's not personal, all religions are bad
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#68PinxedPosted 4/25/2013 7:46:23 PM
Enferolunos posted...
LegendofLink17 posted...
MercuriusPhi posted...
kirbydude385 posted...

1. Accurate
2. LOL

Care to explain? But don't use wars as an example, as there would have been different wars for different causes without religion.
#69TherianReturnsPosted 4/25/2013 7:47:15 PM
Pinxed posted...
Enferolunos posted...
LegendofLink17 posted...
MercuriusPhi posted...
kirbydude385 posted...

1. Accurate
2. LOL

Care to explain? But don't use wars as an example, as there would have been different wars for different causes without religion.

This is a Pokemon board. Shut up.
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#70EnferolunosPosted 4/25/2013 7:52:46 PM
Pinxed posted...
Enferolunos posted...
LegendofLink17 posted...
MercuriusPhi posted...
kirbydude385 posted...

1. Accurate
2. LOL

They mislead people, and present things as facts that they have no proof of. Many are also very discriminatory to others.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you