This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There needs to be a Pokemon that represents Christianity

#71LegendofLink17Posted 4/25/2013 7:59:30 PM(edited)
MercuriusPhi posted...
LegendofLink17 posted...
MercuriusPhi posted...
kirbydude385 posted...
we already have one: hypno

1. Accurate
2. LOL

Also; I nominate the majestic Snorlax for the Christian representative for Pokemon, as its gluttony and sloth parallel the church perfectly.

You may not agree with my religion and that's fine, but i do ask that you don't insult it.

Good sir, no insult was meant. However, the cultural impact of a demand to have Christianity represented makes me question how tolerant you'd be to other religions being equally represented alongside it. Yes, the faith traditions held in Japan are within the game; this is due to the game being Japanese-developed, produced, owned, ad infinitum. I'll make no move against a group being represented, so long as that group is moving to allow all faiths to be acknowledged.

With that, I will leave you with this: "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Thank you. I appreciate the response.

EDIT: And in response to you, I wouldn't mind other faiths represented at all. In fact i'd probably welcome it. I'd love to learn more about Eastern faith and culture, and it's one of the many reasons i want to visit Japan. However, i don't think any religion should be blatantly slapped into pokemon just for the sake of it. There's no reason for it
---
Black 2 FC: 1851 0539 3947
#72ajko000Posted 4/25/2013 7:56:50 PM
Giratina....
---
GameFAQs in a nutshell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hpdZwuyEmRk
#73MegaWentEvilPosted 4/25/2013 7:57:29 PM
Many are also very discriminatory to others.

Well... people are discriminatory to others, regardless of having a religion or not. We ALL are flawed!
#74benjamin3740Posted 4/25/2013 7:57:33 PM
*eats Popcorn* ^_^
---
WARNING: This sig will self-destruct in 12-16 business days!!!! - Non-refundable!
c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
#75MegaWentEvilPosted 4/25/2013 8:03:44 PM
benjamin3740 posted...
*eats Popcorn* ^_^

*Melts your bag of popcorn with MagmaBurst*

-_-
#76scrappybristolPosted 4/25/2013 8:06:00 PM
Sigh...

Predictable Gamefaqs is predictable.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#77leopoldsharkPosted 4/25/2013 8:16:13 PM
Arceus (Father) gets a pre-evo (Son) with a Shedinja-like split evo (Holy Ghost).
#78Dr Edward RoivasPosted 4/25/2013 8:37:46 PM
How about Timburr?

If you know the stations of the cross you'll get it.
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
#79EnferolunosPosted 4/25/2013 8:40:51 PM
MegaWentEvil posted...
Many are also very discriminatory to others.

Well... people are discriminatory to others, regardless of having a religion or not. We ALL are flawed!

And religion promotes this
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#80person_pitchPosted 4/25/2013 8:43:24 PM
Poke'mon represents christianity fairly well already. It's violent, irrational, and the violence and irrationality are normalized by everyone in the game except team plasma (who of course were using morality as an excuse for even greater malevolence, who were of course designed to do that to normalize the default violence even further). I really enjoy poke'mon regardless, but it's interesting to think of how to make fun games without the use of violence.