This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There needs to be a Pokemon that represents Christianity

#91ballermat982Posted 4/25/2013 8:19:47 PM
Just light a tangela on fire, and there you have it. A burning bush.
#92EnferolunosPosted 4/25/2013 8:19:50 PM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
Enferolunos posted...

And religion promotes this

No. Extremists do. There's a difference.

Extremists do, but so does scripture. It's in the teaching of the religions, even if most people don't adhere to it completely.
Either way, religion goes against critical thinking, and promotes obedience, which is bad.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#93evillockePosted 4/25/2013 8:33:51 PM
ColtCababa posted...
TC is practically begging for a religious arguement.

---
Third person to get a cookie.
NSMB2 coin count: 373469
#94seafoamwinterPosted 4/25/2013 8:36:44 PM
Enferolunos posted...

This. I feel like every Christian is stereotyped into being a Westboro Baptist Church member or something lmao. I'm a Christian and I learned not to judge people and the greatest commandment was to "love thy neighbor as thyself.
---
Im too nostalgic
#95MegaWentEvilPosted 4/25/2013 8:39:11 PM
What seafoamwinter said. I'm a Spiritist and I respect all beliefs/lack of belief. What matters is being a good person.
#96jamieyelloPosted 4/25/2013 8:39:31 PM
I know some people that aren't allowed to play pokemon because Arceus is a "false prophet" like they don't get that we don't believe he's real. It's like a sin to some people to think about the concept of other gods or something. God is very clingy.
---
It's different again.
#97vanguard29Posted 4/25/2013 8:40:59 PM
seafoamwinter posted...
Enferolunos posted...

This. I feel like every Christian is stereotyped into being a Westboro Baptist Church member or something lmao. I'm a Christian and I learned not to judge people and the greatest commandment was to "love thy neighbor as thyself.

very similarly, i feel every atheist is stereotyped into some sort of monster/devil worshipper without any sense of morality. honestly, there are only a handful of adults on either side, who can agree to disagree and be friendly about it.
---
http://tinyurl.com/temvolume1 - My book of poetry
The Eloquent Misanthropy, Volume 1 (availible on Amazon) It's good stuff. You should read it.
#98MagikarpRulesPosted 4/25/2013 8:43:07 PM
person_pitch posted...
If Arceus is omnipotent, can he create a rock so heavy even he cannot lift it?

Of course, but then Arceus would proceed to lift said rock anyway.

Seriously though, if people can't just not insult someone else's beliefs, they should simply not talk about any faith, religion or whatever you want to call it altogether. In my experience, some atheists throw quotes from famous people's books in a way that resembles a lot the same thing they are mocking. And some atheists are as annoying as religuous nuts (and in a few cases, even more).

TC, if you knew the Internet in general you hould have seen the way this topic went from 10 miles away.
#99EnferolunosPosted 4/25/2013 8:44:34 PM
seafoamwinter posted...
Enferolunos posted...

I already said, I don't hate (all) people who are religious, I hate the religions
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#100K1dV1dPosted 4/25/2013 8:44:57 PM
hey tc, heres an idea,how about we leave all the religious bullsh** out of video games entirely so we can all enjoy our right known as freedom of religion?
---
your mom's so slutty, her panties have a drop rating of 100%