This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst Overall Type?

#11ecylisPosted 4/25/2013 5:09:40 PM
goldw posted...
Ice.

Keyword: Kyurem and Kyurem-B.

Kyurem and Kyurem-B.

Keyword: Legendary.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NaW3frK.gif | http://i.imgur.com/nkIs6q9.png
Official Guy Who Says he's Official Things Even Though he is Not
#12ShiningRegicePosted 4/25/2013 5:09:59 PM
:(
I like ice
I like bug too....
---
W2 FC: 0261 8506 3044
PLEASE PLEASE like my FB page!!!!!!!!! https://www.facebook.com/regiceiscold
#13pikpikcarrotmonPosted 4/25/2013 5:14:52 PM(edited)
DoctorJimmy133 posted...

Being part Poison or part Grass can be a good thing. See Ferrothorn or Drapion. Being part Ice can ruin a Pokémon. See Walrein or Regice.

Looking at Smogon's (lol) current OU list, the only Ice-types are Cloyster, Mamoswine, and Kyurem-B who's clearly only here because his typing has kept him out of Ubers. Grass has Breloom, Venusaur, Ferrothorn, and Celebi, and Poison includes Gengar, Venusaur, and Tentacruel.

Most of those are just really good Pokemon anyway. Venusaur and Cloyster are there pretty much only because they got rescued with really great, fitting abilities this gen. So I wonder if it's actually typing that's kept Ice-types out or just bad Pokemon design in general. See Weavile and its miserable STAB moves.
---
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide.
#14ThatKippPosted 4/25/2013 5:22:31 PM
pikpikcarrotmon posted...
Venusaur and Cloyster are there pretty much only because they got rescued with really great, fitting abilities this gen. So I wonder if it's actually typing that's kept Ice-types out or just bad Pokemon design in general. See Weavile and its miserable STAB moves.

Cloyster's had Skill Link since Gen 4, it just got Shell Smash this gen, which boosted it into OU.
---
Official Nate of the Pokemon X board with my pet Medicham and Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#15iKhanicPosted 4/25/2013 5:32:42 PM
Why are Rock and Fire on here?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#16AuroraSonicBeamPosted 4/25/2013 5:33:05 PM
XxWontonxX posted...
Grass then Ice

This
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#17snacktimeguyPosted 4/25/2013 5:53:16 PM
Bug
---
Black 2 FC: 4556-8058-7693
#18Chaos_MissilePosted 4/25/2013 5:54:15 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Poison and Grass are far worse types than Ice. Ice may be horrible defensively, but it's also one of the best and most popular attacking types. Poison and Grass, however, get nothing. Grass Knot and Toxic. That's about it.

Being part Poison or part Grass can be a good thing. See Ferrothorn or Drapion. Being part Ice can ruin a Pokémon. See Walrein or Regice.

What I see is:-
a) 4x to Fire
b) 2x to Ground.

Everyone and their mother learns Toxic and EQ. And flamethrower is a staple move.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#19iKhanicPosted 4/25/2013 5:55:51 PM
ThatKipp posted...
pikpikcarrotmon posted...
Venusaur and Cloyster are there pretty much only because they got rescued with really great, fitting abilities this gen. So I wonder if it's actually typing that's kept Ice-types out or just bad Pokemon design in general. See Weavile and its miserable STAB moves.

Cloyster's had Skill Link since Gen 4, it just got Shell Smash this gen, which boosted it into OU.

That's even better proof of how bad the Ice type is.

Cloyster has one of the 2 most overpowered types in the game, but it still couldn't make OU unless it had both Skill Link AND Shell Smash
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#20TaiphlosionPosted 4/25/2013 6:12:19 PM
Offensivelly, ice is an excellent type. Grass is quite useful when mixed with other types. But poison don't add anything to any pokemon, the only good pokemon i can think off which is poison type is gengar, but he has a lot of other things going for him.
---
"I've got nothing to give, got no reason to live. But I will fight to survive, I've got nothing to hide, wish I wasn't so shy"