This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you're against the Fairy-type but have no problem with the Dragon-type

#81EnferolunosPosted 4/30/2013 9:57:51 AM
Depends on why you're opposed to it
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#82ThatPersonGuyPosted 5/1/2013 7:22:06 PM
RingsOfUranus posted...
wind64a posted...
RingsOfUranus posted...
Unfortunately the general knowledge and typical understanding of faeries is a tiny humanoid creature that spreads good will and pixie dust, lives in Care Bear village and dances on flower petals. Not evil murderous tricksters. Tinkerbell is a prime example of a Faerie as far as pop culture and COMMON knowledge are concerned and at the end of the day, people forget the crowd that likes Tinkerbell is the same age group these games are primarily targeting. I severely doubt the "Fairy type" will be the malicious tricksters of actual lore and will resemble much more the Tinkerbell faerie, because that is what most people gather when they think of a faerie. It's even spelled "Fairy" in the game (If Pokexperto is correct, of course) which is the common, non mystical spelling. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how they COULD portray a faerie, I think we all know how they will.

And whoever was talking about some wicked Pokemon, forgot Kyurem. Its dex entry and extended info is literally that it would sneak into town and abduct children from their beds at night and eat them. I'm pretty sure it's the most metal Pokemon ever.

Kyurem has been mentioned multiple times. Though they did forget Dusknoir taking people into the realm of the dead, and the Drifloon line kidnapping people. BTW even Winx Club has shown Fairies in a dangerous light before. There was about a third of a season devoted to Fairies who declared vengeance on all of humanity and tried to wipe it from existence.

Oh, nevermind then, faeries aren't viewed primarily as good-willed creatures of fancy by the majority of people.

They still are. The Fairly Oddparents is a rather dark show at the end of the day, but that doesn't change people's stereotypes.
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#83Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/1/2013 9:51:51 PM
RingsOfUranus posted...
Unfortunately the general knowledge and typical understanding of faeries is a tiny humanoid creature that spreads good will and pixie dust, lives in Care Bear village and dances on flower petals. Not evil murderous tricksters. Tinkerbell is a prime example of a Faerie as far as pop culture and COMMON knowledge are concerned and at the end of the day, people forget the crowd that likes Tinkerbell is the same age group these games are primarily targeting. I severely doubt the "Fairy type" will be the malicious tricksters of actual lore and will resemble much more the Tinkerbell faerie, because that is what most people gather when they think of a faerie. It's even spelled "Fairy" in the game (If Pokexperto is correct, of course) which is the common, non mystical spelling. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how they COULD portray a faerie, I think we all know how they will.

Okay, so a lot of them will be along the Tinkerbell mould. What's the problem?