This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you consider a Deoxys legit if it was caught in Emerald using a cheated...

#21PChaosWMPosted 4/26/2013 5:10:36 AM
I wouldn't consider it cheating. As long as you catch it legitimately I'd consider it okay.
---
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional.
Pokemon Black 2 FC - Mamoser / 0090-1828-2316
#22slothicaPosted 4/26/2013 5:17:00 AM
Getting to the island was cheating. Catching it was not.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
I died and went to heaven. Apparently I'm on the ban list.
#23CakeOfLiesPosted 4/26/2013 5:38:01 AM
Just wait 13 days and there's a Wi-Fi Deoxys event for Gen 5 games.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/vg_blackwhite2_deoxys_distribution-2013-04-25/
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#24Numbuh100Posted 4/26/2013 7:50:57 AM
slothica posted...
Getting to the island was cheating. Catching it was not.

This. With the Birth Island hack, I can get there but I still have to take my sweet ass time to do that puzzle and catch Deoxys.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#25TruePowerSeekerPosted 4/26/2013 9:07:11 AM
Cpt_Calamity posted...
TruePowerSeeker posted...
As far as I am concerned it isn't cheating to cheat in event pokemon. They are a bs system that just locks you out of data already in the game if you didn't go to some place at some time frame.

As far as I am concerned, it isn't cheating to cheat IVs and natures for Pokemon. Randomizing it is a bs system that just locks you out of data already in the game if you didn't spend thousands of hours breeding.

That is completely different. Through a lot of work and determination you can get that pokemon. However no matter what you do it is impossible to get an event pokemon through legitimate means if you don't take time out of your schedule to go get the event pokemon and since they are limited time, you have to constantly stay on top of news of when events are. I don't know about you but I am not the type of person who checks places like Serebii religiously.

It isn't like they are loading new content into the game either. It is a pokemon that is already in the coding and all they are doing is giving it to you. If you use a pokemon save editor and edit in a pokemon with the same stats as the event one then there is nothing wrong with it.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn