This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Fairy type would be the "light" type that everyone wants?

#1LordYggdrasilXXPosted 4/25/2013 6:28:09 PM
Just like how ghost is the true darkness/shadow type? I can see Fairy being SE to Ghost.
#2TherianReturnsPosted 4/25/2013 6:29:35 PM
I'll never understand why people want light type
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#3SilverSaint7Posted 4/25/2013 6:29:59 PM
No one wanted Light type either.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jnCZgwQ.gif
#4HejiruPosted 4/25/2013 6:30:38 PM
TherianReturns posted...

They misunderstand Dark-type and think we need it to balance things out.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#5Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/25/2013 6:32:59 PM
Nobody wanted a Light type.
#6jayman7Posted 4/25/2013 6:35:34 PM
Yeah, uh, you =/= everybody. Lots of people wanted Light-types. I don't care if a Light-type gets added, but would facepalm over the Fairy-type.

I think the Light-type (but new-type-accepting) hate comes from hipsters thinking that Light-types are "too mainstream" - or else have never touched a non-Pokemon RPG in their lives. Given that there are quite a few RPGs with Light elements without Dark elements, oops, there goes the biggest argument against Light.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#7WindyligthPosted 4/25/2013 6:36:19 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Nobody wanted a Light type.

false
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#8gamester_12345Posted 4/25/2013 6:49:47 PM
Dark in Pokemon doesn't mean Darkness, but Dark as in underhanded and possibly combat pragmatists, in Japan it was known as the Evil type....though since Pokemon made it clear that Pokemon themselves isn't truly evil or definitely good, it's just a classification of their moves and not of the Pokemon themselves.

Dark being strong against Ghost and Psychic could be explained that Ghosts could be potentially unconscious apperations desiring purpose and feeling, however Dark types' tendency to act underhanded may wreck the Ghosts' way of life, in Psychic's case it might just be a case of Mind Impurity that might make their predictions useless.

Bug and Fighting types being strong against Dark could be explained that Bugs are simpleminded creatures with things that naturally be dangerous, they lack the intelligence to be tricked (their very same reason can be used against Psychic types) and Fighting types are professionals at what they do; it would essentially be comparing a 7 foot Boxing Guy to a thug with a Knife.

Even if Dark actually meant Dark, what would Light even be strong against...melting Steel? Burning out Plants?, how the hell can water or ice hit light?
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#9Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/25/2013 7:28:48 PM
Hejiru posted...
TherianReturns posted...

They misunderstand Dark-type and think we need it to balance things out.

I don't get how for a decade and through four generations they failed to notice Dark type = dirty fighting.
#10FuneralCakePosted 4/25/2013 7:30:11 PM
No.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
if i'm going to heaven, i'd already be there