This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Fairy type would be the "light" type that everyone wants?

#11themagicpainmanPosted 4/25/2013 6:51:20 PM
I'd argue Light would be the counterpart to Ghost more than Dark.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#12Chaos_MissilePosted 4/25/2013 7:00:31 PM
jayman7 posted...
Yeah, uh, you =/= everybody. Lots of people wanted Light-types. I don't care if a Light-type gets added, but would facepalm over the Fairy-type.

I think the Light-type (but new-type-accepting) hate comes from hipsters thinking that Light-types are "too mainstream" - or else have never touched a non-Pokemon RPG in their lives. Given that there are quite a few RPGs with Light elements without Dark elements, oops, there goes the biggest argument against Light.

No, Light type hate comes from this:
gamester_12345 posted...
Dark in Pokemon doesn't mean Darkness, but Dark as in underhanded and possibly combat pragmatists, in Japan it was known as the Evil type....though since Pokemon made it clear that Pokemon themselves isn't truly evil or definitely good, it's just a classification of their moves and not of the Pokemon themselves.

Dark being strong against Ghost and Psychic could be explained that Ghosts could be potentially unconscious apperations desiring purpose and feeling, however Dark types' tendency to act underhanded may wreck the Ghosts' way of life, in Psychic's case it might just be a case of Mind Impurity that might make their predictions useless.

Bug and Fighting types being strong against Dark could be explained that Bugs are simpleminded creatures with things that naturally be dangerous, they lack the intelligence to be tricked (their very same reason can be used against Psychic types) and Fighting types are professionals at what they do; it would essentially be comparing a 7 foot Boxing Guy to a thug with a Knife.

Even if Dark actually meant Dark, what would Light even be strong against...melting Steel? Burning out Plants?, how the hell can water or ice hit light?

Hejiru posted...
TherianReturns posted...
I'll never understand why people want light type

They misunderstand Dark-type and think we need it to balance things out.

Those who want Ligh type are just closed-minded and ignorant.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#13Gamer09ePosted 4/25/2013 7:20:50 PM
SilverSaint7 posted...
No one wanted Light type either.

I love how some seems to speak on behave of others here...
---
Elektra for UMvC 3 and Pac man for SSBWIIU
#14Emerald_WyvernPosted 4/25/2013 7:26:39 PM
gamester_12345 posted...
Dark in Pokemon doesn't mean Darkness, but Dark as in underhanded and possibly combat pragmatists, in Japan it was known as the Evil type....though since Pokemon made it clear that Pokemon themselves isn't truly evil or definitely good, it's just a classification of their moves and not of the Pokemon themselves.

Dark being strong against Ghost and Psychic could be explained that Ghosts could be potentially unconscious apperations desiring purpose and feeling, however Dark types' tendency to act underhanded may wreck the Ghosts' way of life, in Psychic's case it might just be a case of Mind Impurity that might make their predictions useless.

Bug and Fighting types being strong against Dark could be explained that Bugs are simpleminded creatures with things that naturally be dangerous, they lack the intelligence to be tricked (their very same reason can be used against Psychic types) and Fighting types are professionals at what they do; it would essentially be comparing a 7 foot Boxing Guy to a thug with a Knife.

Even if Dark actually meant Dark, what would Light even be strong against...melting Steel? Burning out Plants?, how the hell can water or ice hit light?

This.. is surprisingly well thought out. I knew this for a while, but it does bring up a good question: Why is it called Dark type? Length limit?

And if, that's a big IF, a Light type were to be introduced, then I'd like to see Shadow return as an actually balanced type to counter that.
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#15WallydraiglePosted 4/25/2013 7:42:14 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
Hejiru posted...
TherianReturns posted...

I don't get how for a decade and through four generations they failed to notice Dark type = dirty fighting.

Especially when all the Dark types were obviously dirty-fighters up until fifth gen when we finally got one guy who could possibly be literally dark and we had moves like Dark Pulse which is a pulse of dirty-fighting and has nothing to do with darkness. No, wait, I got that backwards. That's so weird.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#16dwdwdw6Posted 4/25/2013 7:53:58 PM
Lol @Ligth type.
#17Gamer09ePosted 4/25/2013 8:30:35 PM(edited)
Chaos_Missile posted...
jayman7 posted...
Yeah, uh, you =/= everybody. Lots of people wanted Light-types. I don't care if a Light-type gets added, but would facepalm over the Fairy-type.

I think the Light-type (but new-type-accepting) hate comes from hipsters thinking that Light-types are "too mainstream" - or else have never touched a non-Pokemon RPG in their lives. Given that there are quite a few RPGs with Light elements without Dark elements, oops, there goes the biggest argument against Light.

No, Light type hate comes from this:
gamester_12345 posted...

Hejiru posted...
TherianReturns posted...

Those who want Ligh type are just closed-minded and ignorant.

Well that still doesn't explain how "Dirty thoughts" alone could create Moves like "Dark pulse", "Shadow ball" and "Night shade", if that was the case wouldn't it make sense if trained in a malicious way any pokemon can learn these moves? despite the types they are. To me there more to Dark types then just "mere impure thoughts", to me i see them as pokemon with a dark aura around them that allow them to use these moves and act the way they do..
---
Elektra for UMvC 3 and Pac man for SSBWIIU
#18jnetheryPosted 4/25/2013 8:50:32 PM(edited)
Gamer09e posted...
Well that still doesn't explain how "Dirty thoughts" alone could create Moves like "Dark pulse", "Shadow ball" and "Night shade", if that was the case wouldn't it make sense if trained in a malicious way any pokemon can learn these moves? despite the types they are. To me there more to Dark types then just "mere impure thoughts", to me i see them as pokemon with a dark aura around them that allow them to use these moves and act the way they do..

Shadow Ball and Night Shade are both Ghost-type..... >_>
#19MagikarpRulesPosted 4/25/2013 8:59:37 PM
How about we wait to see if there's a new type before speculating about what will it be named.
#20SammySueRicePosted 4/25/2013 9:11:18 PM
Fairy type sounds far more interesting. Light type sounds generic and boring. What is this a final fantasy game?