This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did anyone else think Granbull is white/grey?

#21IrisVilePosted 4/25/2013 10:35:18 PM
iKhanic posted...
IrisVile posted...
FuneralCake posted...
iKhanic posted...
Look at this image http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_2c_210.gif

It looks like he's white, but he's in the dark with some glare from external lighting

You really need some glasses.

Perhaps he is color blind...

Nope, I when I saw that it's in the purple group on Bulbapedia, I noticed how the entire pokemon IS purple, but I always thought it was for effect. Similarly, I never knew Kingler had one bigger claw. I thought the bigger one just looked bigger because of perspective (in that it was also supposed to look closer to you).

To be fair Kingler had two big meaty claws in RB.
---
I assure you sir. I am not the Queen you seek. Princess of Peacocks.
#22jnetheryPosted 4/25/2013 10:47:53 PM(edited)
iKhanic posted...
jnethery posted...
iKhanic posted...
jnethery posted...
iKhanic's sig...
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

That could be awhile.... There's only been what...3 out of 14? Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Symphonia 1 & 2. Going by that, you'll get another Tales game on a Nintendo console only if they decide to revisit the Sylvarant/Tethe'alla mythos. I wouldn't hold my breath. Just sayin'....

On topic: No.

Symphonia 2's not in the main series, so it's already been a whie

In Japan, there's Phantasia, Symphonia, Innocence, Hearts, and Graces, which isn't bad. I just wish that Namco Bandai realized that the Tales fanbase in the US is more on Nintendo consoles

On topic: Look at this image http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_2c_210.gif

It looks like he's white, but he's in the dark with some glare from external lighting

Tales series home is on Sony consoles. Look at Graces: they didn't release it on the Wii in the US despite the Wii's popularity. They ported it to PS3 and released it there. Sony consoles have had way more Tales love than Ninty's, which tells me that the fanbase is there. It would be pretty dumb from a marketing perspective to constantly release games for one console if your fans all play a different one.

The thing is that Graces F didn't sell well at all in the US. Symphonia and Symphonia 2 both sold pretty well.

I think Sony is a dangerous place for the Tales series to be. Most 3rd party JRPGs find home on Sony consoles, so it just makes more competition for Namco. I feel like part of the reason Symphonia sold better than any other Tales game, with particularly good numbers in the US, was that there was a drought of RPGs on the gamecube, while the PS2 had plenty.

Fair point, but the Wii's US market is different than it was for the Gamecube, and I think the problem with Graces F's sales has more to do with the fact that it was a very weak entry in the series (the combat system was really fun though). Symphonia 2 rode on the first one's success despite being pretty terrible as well (the worst game in the series, IMO, followed by Legendia). We'll see how Xillia does when it comes out this summer since it is supposed to be pretty good.

Sorry for derailing your topic, by the way. I just happen to also love the Tales series so I couldn't resist.
#23iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 10:47:53 PM
jnethery posted...
iKhanic posted...
jnethery posted...
iKhanic posted...
Symphonia 2's not in the main series, so it's already been a whie

In Japan, there's Phantasia, Symphonia, Innocence, Hearts, and Graces, which isn't bad. I just wish that Namco Bandai realized that the Tales fanbase in the US is more on Nintendo consoles

On topic: Look at this image http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_2c_210.gif

Tales series home is on Sony consoles. Look at Graces: they didn't release it on the Wii in the US despite the Wii's popularity. They ported it to PS3 and released it there. Sony consoles have had way more Tales love than Ninty's, which tells me that the fanbase is there. It would be pretty dumb from a marketing perspective to constantly release games for one console if your fans all play a different one.

The thing is that Graces F didn't sell well at all in the US. Symphonia and Symphonia 2 both sold pretty well.

I think Sony is a dangerous place for the Tales series to be. Most 3rd party JRPGs find home on Sony consoles, so it just makes more competition for Namco. I feel like part of the reason Symphonia sold better than any other Tales game, with particularly good numbers in the US, was that there was a drought of RPGs on the gamecube, while the PS2 had plenty.

Fair point, but the Wii's US market is different than it was for the Gamecube, and I think the problem with Graces F's sales has more to do with the fact that it was a very weak entry in the series (the combat system was really fun though). Symphonia 2 rode on the first one's success despite being pretty terrible as well (the worst game in the series, IMO, followed by Legendia). We'll see how Xillia does when it comes out this summer since it is supposed to be pretty good.

Fair enough. I've only played half of Innocence and Symphonia, because all I have is Nintendo consoles. I do plan on getting a 3DS for KI:Uprising and Tales of the Abyss, and getting a PS3 for Ni No Kuni and the slew of jRPGs it has, but the reason my sig is what it is is because the lack of distribution to Nintendo consoles in the US has prevented my ability to play.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#24TheGaijinPosted 4/25/2013 10:48:25 PM
FuneralCake posted...
What if you have a female Snubbull?

then I never let her change to Granbull...
---
Final Fantasy XIV - Larek Darkholme @ Masamune
#25darkdragongirlPosted 4/26/2013 1:01:39 AM
IrisVile posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
Granbull is lilac/lavender.

Snubbull is straight up pink.

And cuddly!

Yep. It was on my team :) in gen two.
---
I hate everything you enjoy.