This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why does everyone hate smogon?

#141BlueDryBones1Posted 4/29/2013 7:56:44 PM
I like Smogon. Never been part of the community but I agree with tier lists and clauses and everything when I battle competitively.

Though I always think outside the box for some sets. Always got to make some creative pokes to throw some people off on wifi.

Such as:

Mixed Absol
CM+Stored Power Gallade
NFE wifi teams.
CB Double-Edge Adaptability Porygon-Z (PO only)
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#142SpinKirbyPosted 4/29/2013 8:09:28 PM
Here's the real reason why people hate Smogon.

Random Battle isn't really random.
There was this one phase in my life where anytime I start with Meganium, it would get hit by a crit the first turn. I had witnesses. It was a sad time...sad luck...
Tiers greatly discourage creativity and make battles monotonous.
The forum moderators aren't that slew.
Neither are the chat mods, and there is also too much lag.

Other than that, the people there are like people everywhere else.
#143SerperiorThanUPosted 4/29/2013 8:18:02 PM
SpinKirby posted...
Here's the real reason why people hate Smogon.

There was this one phase in my life where anytime I start with Meganium, it would get hit by a crit the first turn. I had witnesses. It was a sad time...sad luck...
The forum moderators aren't that slew.

Other than that, the people there are like people everywhere else.

I'm guessing you haven't played in other tiers besides OU.
#144SMASHKING84Posted 4/29/2013 8:21:42 PM
SerperiorThanU posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
i guarentee you i've seen more macthes then you have.
and i'm sick of smogon being treated as the word of god.

the ONLY reason you don't like my ideas is because there not your ideas.
where as i like some of smogon's ideas so you cannot accuse me of the same.

I "guarentee" you you haven't. I unlike you have actually played metagame "macthes". What have you been playing,Random Matchup? How many "macthes" can you play an hour? More 3 5 at the most? With Pokemon Showdown you can play almost 20 matches an hour and you can watch replays of skilled tournament battles. I assure you that you know far less of the metagame than we do.
That's not why... You're not even making any sense. Your suggestions are exactly the same as Smogon's just letting double team in and restricting t for kicks. That would not help the metagame at all. Do you even understand the concept of "impact on the metagame"? You're just thinking about private individual battles not the high amounts of ranked matches on showdown.

HA i've played 1000 matches online way more then you.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF3wgVyGOF0
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#145SerperiorThanUPosted 4/29/2013 8:32:50 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
i guarentee you i've seen more macthes then you have.
and i'm sick of smogon being treated as the word of god.

the ONLY reason you don't like my ideas is because there not your ideas.
where as i like some of smogon's ideas so you cannot accuse me of the same.

I "guarentee" you you haven't. I unlike you have actually played metagame "macthes". What have you been playing,Random Matchup? How many "macthes" can you play an hour? More 3 5 at the most? With Pokemon Showdown you can play almost 20 matches an hour and you can watch replays of skilled tournament battles. I assure you that you know far less of the metagame than we do.
That's not why... You're not even making any sense. Your suggestions are exactly the same as Smogon's just letting double team in and restricting t for kicks. That would not help the metagame at all. Do you even understand the concept of "impact on the metagame"? You're just thinking about private individual battles not the high amounts of ranked matches on showdown.

HA i've played 1000 matches online way more then you.

I said 20 matches an hour. I sometimes play up to four hours, that's 80 matches a day. Play that for a few months, that's far more than you. And evidently despite your matches you still have no clue about the metagame.
#146DarkDragon386Posted 4/29/2013 8:38:43 PM(edited)

What's your sample size on this? 2-3? I'm not calling you a liar or anything, but this seems to be pretty specific to occur more than a few times.

They actually do quite the opposite. You sick of weather? Play UU. Sick of Ferrothorn? Play UU. Gamefreak made the Pokemon people use monotonous, not Smogon. All throughout this topic, I've read "On random matchup, I run into the same 6-10 Pokemon. No creativity whatsoever, and I blame Smogon for that." Nintendo random matchup isn't a Smogon server. And, Gamefreak is the one who made Scizor and Ferrothorn good, they are the ones who gave Politoed drizzle. Not Smogon. The Smogon community is not at fault if they discover Ferrothorn is more viable than Luvdisc.

Again, you want something different, go out and try something different. If it works, get people to notice. It's by no fault of Smogon's that most of the OU mons happen to be more viable than the lower tiers. Not to mention, there is a lot of OU viable mons in lower tiers like Heracross, Machamp, Abomasnow, and Chandelure.

Meh, it's an internet forum. Of course there is going to be lag.

I'm done with the dude. He's pulled the "I've seen/played way more games than you" at least 3 times in this topic. How does he know how many games we've played? Right, cause he doesn't. I'm not sure if he's trying to convince everyone else or himself that he's played more matches than everyone.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#147SMASHKING84Posted 4/29/2013 8:38:43 PM
You have no right to tell me i suck at the metagame when you only care about the metagame inside smogon.
go play random match up. i guarentee you NO ONE IS SPAMMING double team. you know why? because only PATHETIC players can't over come bad luck.
---
#148SerperiorThanUPosted 4/29/2013 8:39:29 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
You have no right to tell me i suck at the metagame when you only care about the metagame inside smogon.
go play random match up. i guarentee you NO ONE IS SPAMMING double team. you know why? because only PATHETIC players can't over come bad luck.

You're right, people are spamming MINIMIZE. You evidently have no clue about what you're talking about.
#149DarkDragon386Posted 4/29/2013 8:44:37 PM(edited)
Also, at least from the recorded WiFi battles I've watched on Youtube, both players generally agree to Smogon's Uber, OU, UU, RU, and Nu ruleset.

Also, I guess you've never had your team paraflinched to death by Jirachi. It sucks. Double team abuse is multiplying that annoyance by ten.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#150SMASHKING84Posted 4/29/2013 8:56:50 PM
if double team wasn't banned you would still be defending smogon.
that's why i don't care what you think.

you can talk about statics all you want but in the end things get decided to be banned by only about 20 people at best.

i should just convince my friends to start spamming your site and using magikarp.
and sad thing is because you base bans on popularity and not pokemon power it'd get banned.

overcentralizing is just another way of saying "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i'm a little baby that cannot handle a player is better then me,so i'll blame his win on using a 'Broken tatic' then i'll create 100 alts to agree with me"
---