This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why does everyone hate smogon?

#191sonicfanaticjtbPosted 4/30/2013 1:32:30 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...

overcentralizing is just another way of saying "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i'm a little baby that cannot handle a player is better then me,so i'll blame his win on using a 'Broken tatic' then i'll create 100 alts to agree with me"

Aaaaaaand, now you're just trollin'. Just up and gave up. How boring.

You've probably been trollin' the entire time, but meh. Now it's blatantly obvious.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#192SMASHKING84Posted 4/30/2013 1:39:11 AM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

overcentralizing is just another way of saying "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i'm a little baby that cannot handle a player is better then me,so i'll blame his win on using a 'Broken tatic' then i'll create 100 alts to agree with me"

Aaaaaaand, now you're just trollin'. Just up and gave up. How boring.

You've probably been trollin' the entire time, but meh. Now it's blatantly obvious.

think i'm trolling? mark me. see what happens
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF3wgVyGOF0
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#193sonicfanaticjtbPosted 4/30/2013 2:04:05 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...

think i'm trolling? mark me. see what happens

Nah, it'd likely be a complete waste of my time, even if the mods did anything.

Y'see, I know how trolls work. My friend was a troll on a yugioh forum back in the day. Trolls tend to not give two craps what you do. I'd rather poke fun at how boring they are if they're the boring variety of trolls, or laugh along with 'em if they're the fun kind. Most trolls tend to be of the boring variety, sadly.
---
... Please, Sakurai?
#194pokemonfreak97Posted 4/30/2013 9:16:15 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
if i'm such a bad player how come i've beaten trainers using NOTHING but ubers with my "Ou team" and don't claim it's because the other player sucks sucky players don't have a score of 5000 on p.o

it's more people like you use the teirs as a crutch because you lack skill.
i use ou because my favorite pokemon is ou that's the ONLY reason.

Didn't you have to have a score of 1150 to even vote on their suspect tests or something?

Isn't 1150 just winning ~1/2 of your battles? Doesn't it take 2 battles to get there from 1000 where you start? So it's not a big deal. I'd be interested in seeing a few of these replays, unless Online (which is not actually Smogon's simulator) doesn't support that.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#195sonicfanaticjtbPosted 4/30/2013 1:17:51 PM(edited)
pokemonfreak97 posted...

Isn't 1150 just winning ~1/2 of your battles? Doesn't it take 2 battles to get there from 1000 where you start? So it's not a big deal. I'd be interested in seeing a few of these replays, unless Online (which is not actually Smogon's simulator) doesn't support that.

They somewhat recently changed how things work on there (Like, now there's a council or something. I dunno... Haven't really been on there in over a year ) but for reference, the cutoff for the first suspect test was 1400 (lowered from 1500 ), which allowed 50 players to vote. I believe it was raised for the second suspect test but I could be wrong.

Edit: Actually, I think there were less than 50 actual voters do to some having multiple alts making the cutoff...
---
... Please, Sakurai?
#196GiftedACIIIPosted 4/30/2013 6:34:22 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
if i'm such a bad player how come i've beaten trainers using NOTHING but ubers with my "Ou team" and don't claim it's because the other player sucks sucky players don't have a score of 5000 on p.o

it's more people like you use the teirs as a crutch because you lack skill.
i use ou because my favorite pokemon is ou that's the ONLY reason.

Didn't you have to have a score of 1150 to even vote on their suspect tests or something?

Oh I was talking about Online. They don't start from 1000. And yeah, it doesn't support replays (you have to get the battle logs). On showdown you need like 1950 or something with an deviation of (was it under 100 or 70? haven't played in a suspect test for awhile)
#197Jarred623Posted 4/30/2013 6:36:11 PM
inb4mugiloko
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#198GiftedACIIIPosted 4/30/2013 6:38:16 PM
Jarred623 posted...
inb4mugiloko

lol Doing that more than 200 posts in.
#199Jarred623Posted 4/30/2013 6:40:05 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Jarred623 posted...
inb4mugiloko

lol Doing that more than 200 posts in.

I used ctrl+f on all 4 pages, nothing. I was shocked.
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#200GoldenJoe24Posted 4/30/2013 7:14:32 PM
Serious competitive gaming in general is pretty pathetic, but people who bring that attitude to games like smash bros or ESPECIALLY Pokemon, which are clearly designed with no intent for competitive play...those are the most pathetic people of all.