This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why does everyone hate smogon?

#201DarkDragon386Posted 4/30/2013 7:16:19 PM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
Serious competitive gaming in general is pretty pathetic, but people who bring that attitude to games like smash bros or ESPECIALLY Pokemon, which are clearly designed with no intent for competitive play...those are the most pathetic people of all.

Maybe you ought to, you know, try it out before moaning about it.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#202austinglPosted 4/30/2013 7:16:36 PM
keyos27 posted...
Because Smogon kills creativity.

---
Official Red Eyes B. Dragon of WC2011 board
If you don't believe in a god then shut up about not believing.
#203BountyanPosted 4/30/2013 7:19:01 PM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
Serious competitive gaming in general is pretty pathetic, but people who bring that attitude to games like smash bros or ESPECIALLY Pokemon, which are clearly designed with no intent for competitive play...those are the most pathetic people of all.

They're clearly designed with no intent for competitive play- that's why official competitive tournaments are hosted and multiplayer battles were put in the game!

Seriously?
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#204GiftedACIIIPosted 4/30/2013 7:24:26 PM
GoldenJoe24 posted...

>Mad that people are more intelligent than them because they play beyond the children's aspect
>Must mean they're pathetic no lifes
>Coming from a gamefaqs poster.
#205sonicfanaticjtbPosted 4/30/2013 7:28:04 PM
GoldenJoe24 posted...

We're not in the 90s any more. Competitive gaming has kinda been a thing for awhile now.

And considering that Pokémon probably has one of the best PVP battle systems out there (Not that I'm an expert or anything ).... It'd be a shame if no one played it competitively at all!
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#206Monferno_AQWPosted 5/1/2013 8:51:11 PM
lol. Just...lol.
---
I only play in Ubers
R~married to Shauntal and Lorelei/Prima
#207piplupmasterPosted 5/1/2013 9:54:53 PM
I don't like Smogon because their staff is worthless. Gamefaqs mods are saints compared to those things.
---
PSN/Gametag: MGSCalling (mKs member)
My Internet: http://speedtest.net/result/2020151602.png
#208SMASHKING84Posted 5/2/2013 1:52:08 AM
piplupmaster posted...
I don't like Smogon because their staff is worthless. Gamefaqs mods are saints compared to those things.

wow they must have pretty bad mods if there worse then the lazy f***ing hacks that work here.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bEA3gYeiaw
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#209LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 1:59:07 AM
^I never thought I'd agree with you. Inb4modded
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#210GiftedACIIIPosted 5/2/2013 10:31:51 AM
piplupmaster posted...

Nope, not even close. Smogon actually has consistency. Though they're much more effective at weeding out trolls though because of the smaller community which is a big reason someusers hate it.

Only 12 year olds just believe whatever others tell them.