This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why does everyone hate smogon?

#231CakeOfLiesPosted 5/2/2013 11:19:02 AM
To 500!
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4342-3001-3593.
#232SMASHKING84Posted 5/2/2013 11:20:58 AM
Cataclysms posted...
It is private. You have to sign up to be a member.

that's not what private means.
anyone can see the sight member or not.
and you use that as a defense to why certain words are banned.

and btw if you want to get real here if you DON'T use belivablity as a rule of thumb then explain why the word troll isn't banned.
explain why a mod can call me "a derp"
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bEA3gYeiaw
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#233MrFingers07Posted 5/2/2013 11:21:59 AM
They were fine last gen. This gen they're ban happy idiots who suck all day.

Ban ****ing politoed for **** sakes

>ban happy idiots
>wants to then ban another pokemon
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#234Heracross17Posted 5/2/2013 11:23:37 AM
I posted one question on Smogon about a year ago, and every "answer" was just people being jerkoffs. The community here may have some bad seeds, but they are trumped out by the good ones. Not so on Smogon.
---
HG FC: 2666 6874 1041
Black FC: 1764 7784 9186
#235Cataclysms(Moderator)Posted 5/2/2013 11:27:13 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Cataclysms posted...

and btw if you want to get real here if you DON'T use belivablity as a rule of thumb then explain why the word troll isn't banned.

If you really think the FCC has any control of this site, then feel free to complain to them about us.

I don't see any reason why troll should be a banned word. As for a mod calling you a derp, feel free to mark them. We follow the same rules as everyone else and can be modded. Of course, I wouldn't mod anyone just for calling someone else a derp.
---
Damn the Man! Save the Empire!
#236NecroStreak128Posted 5/2/2013 11:27:24 AM
Obvious.
#237GiftedACIIIPosted 5/2/2013 11:30:27 AM
Heracross17 posted...
I posted one question on Smogon about a year ago, and every "answer" was just people being jerkoffs. The community here may have some bad seeds, but they are trumped out by the good ones. Not so on Smogon.

I completely doubt that. They're usually nice to beginners unless they don't read the rules and make new topics for noob questions (you have to post in the simple questions, simple answers threads). This site is very happy to moderate people for not understanding the rules too. Overall most people on Smogon tend to have good and polite conversations. You like the community here? Where everything is chaotic and threads are mostly joke threads about feet, fads, and design/genwars?
#238SMASHKING84Posted 5/2/2013 11:38:52 AM(edited)
Cataclysms posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
Cataclysms posted...

If you really think the FCC has any control of this site, then feel free to complain to them about us.

I don't see any reason why troll should be a banned word. As for a mod calling you a derp, feel free to mark them. We follow the same rules as everyone else and can be modded. Of course, I wouldn't mod anyone just for calling someone else a derp.

derp is another way of saying stupid.
when people call people a troll it IS ALWAYS meant as an insult.
name one time someone used it differently.

and hey your at least one mod who isn't a lazy hack considering you actually step outside of current events.
also the mod in question is lead mod so only sballen can actually do something to him
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bEA3gYeiaw
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#239piplupmasterPosted 5/3/2013 9:35:20 AM
piplupmaster posted...
I don't like Smogon because their staff is worthless. Gamefaqs mods are saints compared to those things.

Nope, not even close. Smogon actually has consistency. Though they're much more effective at weeding out trolls though because of the smaller community which is a big reason someusers hate it.

Only 12 year olds just believe whatever others tell them.

smogon mod confirmed
---
PSN/Gametag: MGSCalling (mKs member)
My Internet: http://speedtest.net/result/2020151602.png
#240GiftedACIIIPosted 5/3/2013 9:37:41 AM
piplupmaster posted...
piplupmaster posted...
I don't like Smogon because their staff is worthless. Gamefaqs mods are saints compared to those things.

Nope, not even close. Smogon actually has consistency. Though they're much more effective at weeding out trolls though because of the smaller community which is a big reason someusers hate it.

Only 12 year olds just believe whatever others tell them.

smogon mod confirmed

Making quick ignorant assumptions? Child confirmed. I don't even have an account on Smogon.