This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why does everyone hate smogon?

#281SerperiorThanUPosted 5/4/2013 7:37:44 PM
piplupmaster posted...
piplupmaster posted...
Benjamin_Linus_ posted...
Never seen one guy anger several people this much. Damn. Just ignore that guys, you're feeding the troll.

he might just have a large superiority complex or some other problems. Anyways, he's not really angering me, more like making me curious and it is a bit amusing to see him describe himself.

Why do people say that to me? And you are angry, stop lying.

Wait, what? You're westonticklee's main?!

No, the superiority part >_>

Oh, ok lol I don't care about you then. I've already said all that I needed. Now it's all up to you to reach the last stages of maturity. I wish you the best. Farewell.
#282piplupmasterPosted 5/4/2013 7:39:12 PM
piplupmaster posted...
piplupmaster posted...
he might just have a large superiority complex or some other problems. Anyways, he's not really angering me, more like making me curious and it is a bit amusing to see him describe himself.

Why do people say that to me? And you are angry, stop lying.

Wait, what? You're westonticklee's main?!

No, the superiority part >_>

Oh, ok lol I don't care about you then. I've already said all that I needed. Now it's all up to you to reach the last stages of maturity. I wish you the best. Farewell.

Ahhh ok. I win again, 2 for 2. Anyone else wanna try?
---
PSN/Gametag: MGSCalling (mKs member)
My Internet: http://speedtest.net/result/2020151602.png
#283Samp98518Posted 5/4/2013 7:48:37 PM
Personally, I think that they're great, mainly because of the battle simulator. If you don't feel like spending hours upon hours setting up a team, then you can just set it up there nice and easy, perfect IV's and all.
---
Excuse me, sir? Can you sign my bus schedule?
#284BolognaSammichPosted 5/8/2013 2:49:06 PM
Personally, I think that they're great, mainly because of the battle simulator. If you don't feel like spending hours upon hours setting up a team, then you can just set it up there nice and easy, perfect IV's and all.

same w/ po which i prefer bc of more tiers and the tournament system is built in but their tiers suck...blissey uu, kyurem-b BL...abomasnow NU but snow warning BL...reuniclus uu..
---
Reality is equal to the subliminal minds of the unspoken subjects.
Won't change sig til John Morrison wins a world title started 12-10-08
#285sheep007Posted 5/10/2013 7:08:20 AM
Smogon and PS have easy to make teams,good strategies and you can usually find advice on the boards.Sure,there are some trolls,like with any boards (Gamefaqs included),but the majority of people there are friendly and helpful.
---
I'm Welsh.I like sheep.Deal with it.
Pokemon white 2 FC :Leo 1550 4746 2825
#286BlazingRainPosted 5/10/2013 1:39:15 PM
What kind of job makes 300K right out of college?

Nothing that I can think of makes close to that.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#287TehTrumpCardPosted 5/10/2013 1:52:32 PM
Because they hate to use their favorite Pokemon in a setting in which they won't get thrashed.

They also fail to realize that you can bring favorites into higher tiers and that Smogon's movesets aren't absolute they're simply the most practical, nothing more, nothing less.

Seriously if you don't like competitive play don't do it. I wonder if these same people play fighters competitively...
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/durrhubba
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#288Grand_BluePosted 5/10/2013 2:05:14 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
I find the movesets very helpful, and I think the tiers are good, so someone doesn't waltz in with a whole bunch of legendaries when you have UU pokemon. Why do people hate smogon?

Why don't people come up with their own movesets instead of trying to copy the ones on Smogon then?
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#289sheep007Posted 5/11/2013 12:12:18 AM
Grand_Blue posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
I find the movesets very helpful, and I think the tiers are good, so someone doesn't waltz in with a whole bunch of legendaries when you have UU pokemon. Why do people hate smogon?

Why don't people come up with their own movesets instead of trying to copy the ones on Smogon then?

Because most other movesets with more than a small change usually suck.A community with thousands of people will quickly find most of the usable sets,and even if another good set is discovered,it will quickly appear on smogon.If people came up with their own movesets we would have special scizors or damp politoeds running around,4HKO'ing everything in sight.
---
I'm Welsh.I like sheep.Deal with it.
Pokemon white 2 FC :Leo 1550 4746 2825
#290LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 12:22:36 AM
This is still going?
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema