This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New abilities?

#1Numbuh100Posted 4/26/2013 7:54:42 AM
There should be one where the Pokemon can use the effect of its opponent's holding item.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 4/26/2013 7:56:24 AM
With Choice items everywhere? It would be awful.
Let's say a Special Attacker has this ability. Now he has the effect of a Choice Band.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#3TwiceNightleyPosted 4/26/2013 7:57:51 AM
But, what if that same special attacker has this ability, the opponent has Choice Scarf and the special attacker already has Choice Specs? Would than mean the effect from both items? That's be pretty sick, actually. Super sweep
---
"I am the ONLY God." - Albert Wesker
#4NessEggmanPosted 4/26/2013 7:57:51 AM
Weird. Maybe only a couple psychic Pokemon could have it.

I want one that kinda works like an auto Healing Wish. But a little gimped.

Like, when the Pokemon is KO'd, another Pokemon is revived with perhaps just 1 HP.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 4/26/2013 7:59:06 AM
TwiceNightley posted...
But, what if that same special attacker has this ability, the opponent has Choice Scarf and the special attacker already has Choice Specs? Would than mean the effect from both items? That's be pretty sick, actually. Super sweep

But the opponent could easily take advantage of it.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#6TwiceNightleyPosted 4/26/2013 8:02:40 AM
I suppose, depending on the move you commit your choice too, they could swap out into something resistant (or worse case, immune). But on the other hand, if you're already wearing a band or specs, finding a scarf to imitate via this ability could only be a bad thing under Trick Room. I guess it would be a gamble, but I would think items like the flame orb or lagging tail would be more dangerous than the choice ones (not counting walls/stallers etc).
---
"I am the ONLY God." - Albert Wesker
#7slothicaPosted 4/26/2013 8:10:26 AM
There should be one that clears entry hazards when the pokemon enters the battlefield.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
I died and went to heaven. Apparently I'm on the ban list.
#8pafbonkPosted 4/26/2013 8:25:04 AM
slothica posted...
There should be one that clears entry hazards when the pokemon enters the battlefield.

Instant smogon ban, Pokemon accesses ubers.
---
Official Pikachu of the Pokemon X board.
"1+1=2" -NickLOLZ
#9LordMainePosted 4/26/2013 8:39:27 AM
An ability that changes the opponents type to the last move you hit them with. Essentially an opposite colorchange.
#10paiprPosted 4/26/2013 10:51:29 AM
I'd like to see an ability that either switches your pokemons weaknesses and resistances to resistances weaknesses, or one that does the same but for your opponent. Could make for some interesting scenarios.
---
am i the only person that whishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from you topics?