This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bond Mechanic in X/Y Speculation

#1luigispezzottiPosted 4/26/2013 8:42:24 AM
Just thought I'd make this topic to discuss the new Bond mechanic that's coming in the new games, and with it a 'new battle structure' (those are the words of Nintendo's CEO)

Obviously as we have seen in the trailers there won't be any massive changes to the way battles are done. However below I have my idea of what the new Bond mechanic could entail, and this 'new battle structure':

- The Bond mechanic will work like happiness, except as your bond with your Pokemon increases, so will its IV's (capping at 31)(This would obviously take a while to max out the Bond Value, much longer than that of the happiness value in the older games, and Bond 'points' can be gained through other means (maybe beating something very difficult in the game)).

If they did this, people who bred/RNG'd for perfectly IV'd Pokemon would be rewarded for doing so as they then don't have to go through the trouble of maxing out the Bond with their Pokemon, and those who do not breed for perfect IV's (or RNG) can still achieve perfect IV's on their Pokemon through increasing them slowly with the Bond mechanic. This will enable for a more equal playing field and would reward hardcore players while also enabling casuals to attain competitive Pokemon.

As for the New Battle Structure, I wouldn't be surprised if they add some new features to battles (such as the 'Call' feature). It could also be alluding to the fact that maybe this change to 3DS will restrict us from transferring over our old Pokemon (which would suck but also has its benefits).

What do you guys/girls think?
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 4/26/2013 8:47:04 AM
So basically you can bond with your Pokemon to boost their IVs?
That would be interesting...
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#3BountyanPosted 4/26/2013 8:50:42 AM
I suspect it's the method Eevee is going to use to evolve into Sylveon.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#4ScepterOfLovePosted 4/26/2013 10:19:30 AM
Plausible. You have bragging rights if this happens
---
"Yet here we are, shaking our booties..."
My movie review blog: logankrum.wordpress.com
#5westontickleePosted 4/26/2013 10:24:08 AM
It's gonna suck. That's my speculation
---
People who hate on Queen Jiggs are obvious trolls
Official Balthier of the FFXV Board
#6javel34Posted 4/26/2013 10:25:22 AM
I hope so, I hate how IVs are set up now. Hopefully bondage will eliminate the need for grinding too.
---
Black 2 FC:0519 5089 8733
#7MM125Posted 4/26/2013 10:25:58 AM
It would be annoying for strategies that require minimizing your speed, but aside from that, it's not a bad idea. It kinda defeats the purpose of IVs existing, but oh well.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 4/26/2013 10:36:22 AM
westonticklee posted...

I think it's probably going to fix a lot of things in the series.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#9jayman7Posted 4/26/2013 10:54:04 AM
Do we even know that there is a "bond mechanic"? All I recall is them saying "new ways to bond with your Pokémon", which is ridiculously vague and may not even refer to a new mechanic at all.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10westontickleePosted 4/26/2013 10:55:26 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
westonticklee posted...

I think it's probably going to fix a lot of things in the series.

Is it gonna fix that disaster of a pokemon known as ewtwo?
---
People who hate on Queen Jiggs are obvious trolls
Official Balthier of the FFXV Board