This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'll be sad if you can't transfer items from gen 5 to gen 6

#1grape_purplePosted 4/26/2013 2:10:26 PM
I hate that about transferring in gens 3, 4, and 5
---
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/d/d4/GokuBeeGif.gif
#2Hydra_Gundam_Posted 4/26/2013 2:12:50 PM
Youre going to be sad for another Gen.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#3Thepenguinking2Posted 4/26/2013 2:13:38 PM
that'd make it easy to get 2 extra master balls.
---
F*** Milotic. Lilligant is the real beauty pokemon.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#4grape_purple(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 2:15:06 PM
so
---
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/d/d4/GokuBeeGif.gif
#5SirPikachuPosted 4/26/2013 2:28:41 PM
Thepenguinking2 posted...

I remember that I got a used ruby that had been hacked and had like 200 masterballs. I attached them to the Pokémon I transferred to Pearl and easily caught all the legendries.

Yea it took the fun out f catching them, but I wasn't really that good at pokemon back then.

I mean my Empoleon knew hydro cannon, hydro pump, blizzard, and drill peck, and it was the only Pokémon I really trained lol.
#6reaverzPosted 4/26/2013 4:21:02 PM
If we can transfer Pokemon, I wouldn't count item-transferring out. I suspect the only reason GameFreak cut off item-transferring between Gen IV and V was because of the Emerald cloning glitch that they didn't catch before Gen IV was released. They may have wanted Gen V to be free of the repercussions of the glitch.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#7NessEggmanPosted 4/26/2013 4:26:40 PM
Thepenguinking2 posted...

If you have extra Master Balls, that means you played through the whole game and never used the Master Ball anyway... so why would you care to have a couple extra in gen 6...? Because you're probably never use them...

Anyway, I think it's more to stop people from getting items like Lucky Egg or evolution items or stuff like that early.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#8uwnimPosted 4/26/2013 4:27:40 PM
reaverz posted...
If we can transfer Pokemon, I wouldn't count item-transferring out. I suspect the only reason GameFreak cut off item-transferring between Gen IV and V was because of the Emerald cloning glitch that they didn't catch before Gen IV was released. They may have wanted Gen V to be free of the repercussions of the glitch.

Probably because of TMs more than anything.
---
I want a pet Lavos Spawn.
[Order of the Cetaceans: Phocoena dioptrica]
#9reaverzPosted 4/26/2013 4:30:56 PM(edited)
NessEggman posted...
Anyway, I think it's more to stop people from getting items like Lucky Egg or evolution items or stuff like that early.

Transferring is a post-game feature, so it's unreasonable to worry about getting rare items early any more than it is to worry about getting high-leveled Pokemon early when it comes to transferring. You wouldn't be able to get any of it until after you beat the game.

uwnim posted...
reaverz posted...

Probably because of TMs more than anything.

I had forgotten about that. Yes of course TMs being holdable items in Gen IV would have presented problems. Thankfully, that is no longer an issue in Gen V, so there's really no reason to prevent items from being transferred this time around.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#10NessEggmanPosted 4/26/2013 4:31:52 PM
reaverz posted...
NessEggman posted...

Transferring is a post-game feature, so it's unreasonable to worry about getting rare items early any more than it is to worry about getting high-leveled Pokemon early when it comes to transferring. You wouldn't be able to get any of it until after you beat the game.

Oh yeah that kinda slipped my mind.

Well, I don't really understand why they don't allow transfer of items...

I never really feel like I want/need to transfer items, but... I don't see why they would need to restrict it.

Maybe it's a programming thing.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."