This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

putting pokemon in teirs

#1TAZZisCOOLPosted 4/26/2013 3:14:05 PM
i personally think its the stupidest thing ever cause most of them are based on popularity and how simple they are to use, and those people that use things like a lv 100 ratacate are shunned i call BS whats your opinion on this
---
my pokemon white 2 friend code (0648-6197-2904)
#2MugilokoPosted 4/26/2013 3:15:31 PM
They're obviously teh devil
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#3zinformantPosted 4/26/2013 3:17:05 PM
Tiers should exist, but there should be fewer of them. The game effectively has a tier system already. You can't use certain legendaries in battle facilities. Other than that, everything should be fair game. When you play a kid on the streets, there is no 'Oh, let's do an UU battle!'. That's not how the games are played outside of Pokémon Online and the like.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#4TAZZisCOOL(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 6:08:38 PM
if someone was to ask me that i would ask what short buss they fell off of cause this game is not ment to have teirs other than legendary, psudo-legendary and regular nothing else and till people getthat threw there head i wont battle competeitively except against personal friends and whoop them with that lv 100 raticate lol
---
my pokemon white 2 friend code (0648-6197-2904)
#5jayman7Posted 4/26/2013 6:15:38 PM(edited)
I'm not a competitive player, but all these "tires don exits" claims are clearly done by people who aren't thinking about what they're saying. Especially in a game where stats are numerical and concrete - and fully-evolved Pokémon absolutely do not have equal stat distributions.

Raticate's Attack is basically average, and all its other stats except its Speed below average - and even its Speed isn't exactly super-awesome. That's why he's low-tier. And there's nothing you can do to mitigate that. You can EV train him, sure... but someone could take a Pokémon with better stats and EV train it, too.

Now, you might claim stats aren't everything. This is true! But... stats aren't nothing, either. What makes Raticate worthy of being in higher tiers? ("I like him" is not a valid answer.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6GoldenFantasyPosted 4/26/2013 6:36:41 PM
TAZZisCOOL posted...
if someone was to ask me that i would ask what short buss they fell off of cause this game is not ment to have teirs other than legendary, psudo-legendary and regular nothing else and till people getthat threw there head i wont battle competeitively except against personal friends and whoop them with that lv 100 raticate lol

It's your choice to play however you want. Smogon is a community plays how they want to play and you can't really do anything about it.

Outside of Smogon, tiers still affect you because you know how often they're used, and by extension, how good they are.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#7pokemonfreak97Posted 4/26/2013 6:47:15 PM
Look, unless you really, really want to use Moody, Evasion, or OHKO moves, there is a tier where you can use every Pokémon that you want to use, regardless of what they are. It is called Ubers. Use it.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#8PK_GamingPosted 4/26/2013 10:52:28 PM
zinformant posted...
Tiers should exist, but there should be fewer of them. The game effectively has a tier system already. You can't use certain legendaries in battle facilities. Other than that, everything should be fair game. When you play a kid on the streets, there is no 'Oh, let's do an UU battle!'. That's not how the games are played outside of Pokémon Online and the like.

i asked this girl to a UU battle 3 months ago

we're dating now

=|
---
Everything that bores me has gotta go!
~Yosuke
#9scrappybristolPosted 4/26/2013 10:54:11 PM
You aren't cool.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#10PK_GamingPosted 4/26/2013 10:56:22 PM
scrappybristol posted...