This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

putting pokemon in teirs

#11Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/26/2013 10:58:48 PM
i asked this girl to a UU battle 3 months ago

we're dating now

=|

Rad.
#12fleetfoxsPosted 4/26/2013 11:10:22 PM
TAZZisCOOL posted...
i personally think its the stupidest thing ever cause most of them are based on popularity and how simple they are to use, and those people that use things like a lv 100 ratacate are shunned i call BS whats your opinion on this

tier construction is solely based on usage. that's the point of tier lists.
---
Hardcore.
#13TerradriusPosted 4/26/2013 11:33:31 PM
TAZZisCOOL posted...
i personally think its the stupidest thing ever cause most of them are based on popularity and how simple they are to use, and those people that use things like a lv 100 ratacate are shunned i call BS whats your opinion on this

I can't tell whether this is a troll or not, but I'm going to give a real answer.

Tiers are based on usage, as it's a pretty good measure of usefulness.

If there were no tiers, everyone would only use cover legendaries and the few other pokemon that can stand up to them or synergize very well with them.

Because there are tiers, you can make a team of worse pokemon (like raticate) and use them in an environment where they can actually compete effectively, as opposed to always having to choose whether Raticate or Arceus is really the better choice for your team. Tiers encourage diversity. They don't restrict it.

Also, there's nothing stopping you from using a lower-tier pokemon in a group with higher-tier ones, as long as you accept that you'll have to play in the tier of the highest-tier pokemon on your team.
---
http://adamgaming.blogspot.com/ - My game review/design blog, which I have finally gotten back to updating. Sporadically.
Jesus saves. PSN: Orethen
#14sonicfanaticjtbPosted 4/27/2013 12:11:06 AM
Contrary to what Ms. Karen may lead you to believe, strong and weak pokémon isn't just a selfish perception. If your favorite pokémon are 'mons like Jigglypuff, Swinub, Pikachu, and Sunkern and you try to battle against a team made up of 'mons such as Alakazam, Scizor, and Dragonite, you're gonna get killed. Even if you are greatly skilled, if your opponent has even a remote idea of what they are doing, there ain't much you can do. Tiers exist for this reason. So you can take your favorite pokémon into an environment where they can at least stand some kind of a chance.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?