This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If there isn't a poison legendary then i feel gamefreak truly abondoned the type

#31themagicpainmanPosted 5/1/2013 11:01:10 AM
Davidk92 posted...
acety2 posted...
Renjiro7 posted...
The Z Pokemon might be Poison as it'll probably be a snake.

This makes the most sense to me. Hopefully its true.

God damn it, why does everyone say the Z Pokemon will be a snake? I thought this board hated the idea of reusing Pokemon concepts! There's plenty of other ways to incorporate a Z design without just making it a snake, you know!

It's because Xerneas and Yvetal seem based on the eagle and deer seen in Norse mythology. There is a serpent depicted with them.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#32Davidk92Posted 5/1/2013 11:03:27 AM
themagicpainman posted...
Davidk92 posted...
acety2 posted...
Renjiro7 posted...
The Z Pokemon might be Poison as it'll probably be a snake.

This makes the most sense to me. Hopefully its true.

God damn it, why does everyone say the Z Pokemon will be a snake? I thought this board hated the idea of reusing Pokemon concepts! There's plenty of other ways to incorporate a Z design without just making it a snake, you know!

It's because Xerneas and Yvetal seem based on the eagle and deer seen in Norse mythology. There is a serpent depicted with them.

Onthe subject, why do people seem to certain Yvetal is an eagle? I did some research, the deer and eagle that inhabit Yggdrasil are also accompanied by A DRAGON. Why are we so certain Yveltal is the eagle and not the dragon?
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#33themagicpainmanPosted 5/1/2013 11:07:36 AM(edited)
Probably because the dragon/serpent is underground at the roots, not in the air. Besides, Yveltal looks more like a bird than a dragon to me.

And before you say Altaria, it is supposedly based on a bird that is normally depicted with a dragon head in legends.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#34Davidk92Posted 5/1/2013 11:07:51 AM
themagicpainman posted...
Probably because the dragon/serpent is underground, not in the air. Besides, Yveltal looks more like a bird than a dragon to me.

And before you say Altaria, it is supposedly based on a bird that is normally depicted with a dragon head in legends.

*sigh* I suppose that makes sense. I still hate how you're not allowed to discuss any other possibilities for a Z Pokemon though.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot