This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BW's post game > BW's main game

#41iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 1:30:46 AM
dwdwdw6 posted...
iKhanic posted...
FuneralCake posted...
I think you're just being ridiculous for the sake of being ridiculous, and I think most people would agree with me.

Look at this post. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65475501

Several people agree with me to an extent. I think you are just blindly supporting BW right now.

Just.....give up bro

Wow...that's gotta be the greatest argument I've ever heard. There's no point in arguing with you, because you are clearly the definitive genius on Pokemon

CM_Ponch posted...
Warp Tiles puzzles are a good example. They gave a reasonable challenge to the game. Maybe not the biggest in the world. Ice Cave had a few confusing ice sliding puzzles.

Ice Cave was incredibly easy and warp tiles aren't good puzzles. Warp puzzles are literally just running around until you find the right warp, it's the definition of trial and error.

I played Crystal 2 years ago, and I was pretty stumped at the Ice Cave, and Pryce's gym took me several minutes excluding trainer battles. I never said games have to have good puzzles, just puzzles that present a challenge, be it through trial and error, or thinking.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#42ZERO2936Posted 4/27/2013 1:46:22 AM
I disagree. I thought Black and White had a terrible post-game, and the best main-game in the series.
#43CM_PonchPosted 4/27/2013 2:22:34 AM
I played Crystal 2 years ago, and I was pretty stumped at the Ice Cave, and Pryce's gym took me several minutes excluding trainer battles. I never said games have to have good puzzles, just puzzles that present a challenge, be it through trial and error, or thinking.

That is some hardcore nostalgia
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#44BlazingRainPosted 4/27/2013 2:29:00 AM
LOL at anyone claiming that BW's gyms had actual puzzles/mazes. "Go forward in interesting ways" is not a puzzle, sorry.

And LOL at this idea that preferring anything in gen 1 over current games is "genwunning." The fanboys of newer Pokemon games are far worse than those of the older ones.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#45StealThisSheenPosted 4/27/2013 3:25:02 AM(edited)
No "puzzle" in Gen 1 OR Gen 5 was hard. At all. They were all incredibly easy.

I mean, hell. You literally can beat Sabrina's by just walking up and down. If you're in a bottom portal, walk up. If it takes you to a top portal, walk down. That's the entire thing. It's not even a puzzle.

Why is this literally an argument.
---
SEP Nash, Smelling Like the Vault since 1996
Step FOUR! Get Paid! http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/456/2z6v0qcgif.gif
#46Human-BeanPosted 4/27/2013 4:18:58 AM
Generation one's puzzle are as pathetic as Charizard. Sabrina's gym had no puzzle just a slight annoyance; I never thought about which tile to use but, instead enter a random tile until I was in the same room as Sabrina. The process took a few minutes but was not a puzzle. Giovanni's gym basically had no puzzle, you just had to look at the direction at which the arrowed tiles faced.

iKhanic why are you so infatuated with the terrible games of yesteryear. I respect that the generation one games had introduced Pokémon but, compared to newer games they are terrible.
---
The bean represents the poop; one of the greatests substances created by men.
#47iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 5:29:30 AM
Human-Bean posted...
Generation one's puzzle are as pathetic as Charizard. Sabrina's gym had no puzzle just a slight annoyance; I never thought about which tile to use but, instead enter a random tile until I was in the same room as Sabrina. The process took a few minutes but was not a puzzle. Giovanni's gym basically had no puzzle, you just had to look at the direction at which the arrowed tiles faced.

iKhanic why are you so infatuated with the terrible games of yesteryear. I respect that the generation one games had introduced Pokémon but, compared to newer games they are terrible.

It's not about whether the puzzles were easy or hard, or good or bad. It's about whether they are puzzles at all. A puzzle has to give you more than one way to go, but for most of Black's main game, that's all there was. Even when a puzzle isn't that hard, at least you feel somewhat accomplished when you get to the leader. When I went to the Nimbasa gym, I didn't feel accomplished at all, because all I had to do was not go backwards, and press the next switch. Same in Clay's gym, as well as the others. I actually looked at a screenshot of Pryce's GSC gym a few days ago. It STILL takes me a little bit of thought to solve

Excuse me for preferring games that have games that have a better overworlds, better music, better pokemon designs, included puzzles that presented at least minimal challenge, rivals I didn't want to punch in the face, better in-game mechanics (not battle mechanics), and more innovation. Remember I'm not saying anything about gens 3 or 4. That would be unfair. All I'm saying is that Black and White are inferior to RBY and GSC.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#48TyranidomegaPosted 4/27/2013 5:53:56 AM
iKhanic posted...
Human-Bean posted...

It's not about whether the puzzles were easy or hard, or good or bad. It's about whether they are puzzles at all. A puzzle has to give you more than one way to go, but for most of Black's main game, that's all there was. Even when a puzzle isn't that hard, at least you feel somewhat accomplished when you get to the leader. When I went to the Nimbasa gym, I didn't feel accomplished at all, because all I had to do was not go backwards, and press the next switch. Same in Clay's gym, as well as the others. I actually looked at a screenshot of Pryce's GSC gym a few days ago. It STILL takes me a little bit of thought to solve

Excuse me for preferring games that have games that have a better overworlds, better music, better pokemon designs, included puzzles that presented at least minimal challenge, rivals I didn't want to punch in the face, better in-game mechanics (not battle mechanics), and more innovation. Remember I'm not saying anything about gens 3 or 4. That would be unfair. All I'm saying is that Black and White are inferior to RBY and GSC.

POKEMEN HAHAA, 90s!!!!! (cookie for whoever knows where this from)
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#49CM_PonchPosted 4/27/2013 5:57:14 AM

My sides
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#50iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 6:05:55 AM
CM_Ponch posted...

My sides

Sorry for shattering your world where new games are always better.
---