This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stupid things you used to do when you were younger/ new to pokemon

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Stupid things you used to do when you were younger/ new to pokemon
3 years ago#21
When I first saw my sister playing Pokemon, I thought the battle screen was a kitchen and the Pidgey was feeding stacks of hamburgers (Gust) to the Charmander.
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
3 years ago#22
I spent a week trying to figure out where Professor Oak was.
For some reason, I thought that Bulbasaur and Squirtle couldn't evolve (stupid Ash) and so I chose Charmander and then was stuck at Brock. Partly also because I thought if I trained Pikachu enough it would harm Brock's pokemon.
I thought that if you want to catch something you just throw the ball like that old man did.
I thought Growlithe evolved by level until it was Level 87.
I thought that Dewgong was weak to Fire and could use water and learnt the hard way.
I thought that you shouldn't catch legendaries so I used the masterball on a pidgey (stupid second movie)
I thought the daycare would confisticate your pokemon.

Yup, I was pretty stupid.
I loathe Gen V. I am being optimistic for Gen VI and hope that GF creates"gym" secret base.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66003471\
3 years ago#23
Back in Gen 1 I was 7, so as one would assume, I sucked. So, having the too much of the same types of moves, using the masterball because I did not realize what it was, killing mewtwo because I was tired of him recovering all his health when trying to catch him, and using Pokémon that were outclasses in every way by others.
3 years ago#24
pokemonfreak97 posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Since I am a true Pokemon fan since the beginning, I never did stupid things in Pokemon.

Oh please, everyone was an idiot at some point; they either used a Master Ball on something that didn't deserve it (either something horrible (Wurmple, Wingull) or something deceptively easy to get (Dialga, Reshiram)), or had some trouble with physical/special, or didn't always use status moves, or thought level affected catch rate, or mixed up verb tenses... (It should be "Since I was...")

Then again, I'm, not everyone.
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
3 years ago#25
I used to throw away nuggets because I didn't know they could be sold for a premium.
I like English dubs.
3 years ago#26
TherianReturns posted...
Since I am a true Pokemon fan since the beginning, I never did stupid things in Pokemon.

What do you mean by "beginning"? Do you mean since Satoshi Taijiri was a little kid who caught a tadpole before you were born? Or do you mean when he first thought of Cable Monsters and got rejected?

You must have done a mistake. Like not walking in the fastest path to the professor in your first game. Perfection is impossible.
I loathe Gen V. I am being optimistic for Gen VI and hope that GF creates"gym" secret base.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66003471\
3 years ago#27
EmeraldRange posted...
TherianReturns posted...

What do you mean by "beginning"? Do you mean since Satoshi Taijiri was a little kid who caught a tadpole before you were born? Or do you mean when he first thought of Cable Monsters and got rejected?

You must have done a mistake. Like not walking in the fastest path to the professor in your first game. Perfection is impossible.

I mean when I did my first playthrough. Teehee.

Perfection isn't impossible for me.
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
3 years ago#28
Cut, Ember, Flamethrower, FireSpin on a Charizard. Eventually the Ember evolved(read TM) into a Fire Blast

Then I realise the Pokemon in the cartoon were allowed a billion moves to use while we were only limited to 4. OTL

RareCandying my mons to 100

On that note, Charizard(mine) vs Blastoise(Gary)

Hold/Mash B to incrase capture rate.(Still do that sometimes (-_- |||) )
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
3 years ago#29
Stat changing moves were absolutely useless, except for Sand Attack, Minimize and Double Team. Why would I want to waste turns not doing damage?

HMs on the main team
Formerly DoctorTitor
3 years ago#30
Careful with Therian guys, he is about to choke on his own ego.

I killed the only two shinies I ever encountered without even realising they were shiny. One was an Articuno.
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Stupid things you used to do when you were younger/ new to pokemon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived