This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stupid things you used to do when you were younger/ new to pokemon

#21themagicpainmanPosted 4/27/2013 12:07:57 AM
When I first saw my sister playing Pokemon, I thought the battle screen was a kitchen and the Pidgey was feeding stacks of hamburgers (Gust) to the Charmander.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#22EmeraldRangePosted 4/27/2013 12:13:35 AM
I spent a week trying to figure out where Professor Oak was.
For some reason, I thought that Bulbasaur and Squirtle couldn't evolve (stupid Ash) and so I chose Charmander and then was stuck at Brock. Partly also because I thought if I trained Pikachu enough it would harm Brock's pokemon.
I thought that if you want to catch something you just throw the ball like that old man did.
I thought Growlithe evolved by level until it was Level 87.
I thought that Dewgong was weak to Fire and could use water and learnt the hard way.
I thought that you shouldn't catch legendaries so I used the masterball on a pidgey (stupid second movie)
I thought the daycare would confisticate your pokemon.

Yup, I was pretty stupid.
---
I loathe Gen V. I am being optimistic for Gen VI and hope that GF creates"gym" secret base.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66003471\
#23PSOLavisPosted 4/27/2013 12:13:54 AM
Back in Gen 1 I was 7, so as one would assume, I sucked. So, having the too much of the same types of moves, using the masterball because I did not realize what it was, killing mewtwo because I was tired of him recovering all his health when trying to catch him, and using Pokémon that were outclasses in every way by others.
#24TherianReturnsPosted 4/27/2013 12:16:30 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Since I am a true Pokemon fan since the beginning, I never did stupid things in Pokemon.

Oh please, everyone was an idiot at some point; they either used a Master Ball on something that didn't deserve it (either something horrible (Wurmple, Wingull) or something deceptively easy to get (Dialga, Reshiram)), or had some trouble with physical/special, or didn't always use status moves, or thought level affected catch rate, or mixed up verb tenses... (It should be "Since I was...")

Then again, I'm, not everyone.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#25trewerdPosted 4/27/2013 12:21:19 AM
I used to throw away nuggets because I didn't know they could be sold for a premium.
---
I like English dubs.
#26EmeraldRangePosted 4/27/2013 12:25:24 AM
TherianReturns posted...
Since I am a true Pokemon fan since the beginning, I never did stupid things in Pokemon.

What do you mean by "beginning"? Do you mean since Satoshi Taijiri was a little kid who caught a tadpole before you were born? Or do you mean when he first thought of Cable Monsters and got rejected?

You must have done a mistake. Like not walking in the fastest path to the professor in your first game. Perfection is impossible.
---
I loathe Gen V. I am being optimistic for Gen VI and hope that GF creates"gym" secret base.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66003471\
#27TherianReturnsPosted 4/27/2013 12:30:22 AM
EmeraldRange posted...
TherianReturns posted...

What do you mean by "beginning"? Do you mean since Satoshi Taijiri was a little kid who caught a tadpole before you were born? Or do you mean when he first thought of Cable Monsters and got rejected?

You must have done a mistake. Like not walking in the fastest path to the professor in your first game. Perfection is impossible.

I mean when I did my first playthrough. Teehee.

Perfection isn't impossible for me.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#28Chaos_MissilePosted 4/27/2013 12:38:16 AM(edited)
Cut, Ember, Flamethrower, FireSpin on a Charizard. Eventually the Ember evolved(read TM) into a Fire Blast

Then I realise the Pokemon in the cartoon were allowed a billion moves to use while we were only limited to 4. OTL

RareCandying my mons to 100

On that note, Charizard(mine) vs Blastoise(Gary)

Hold/Mash B to incrase capture rate.(Still do that sometimes (-_- |||) )
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#29ArmandoXIIIlPosted 4/27/2013 1:06:36 AM
Stat changing moves were absolutely useless, except for Sand Attack, Minimize and Double Team. Why would I want to waste turns not doing damage?

HMs on the main team
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
#30VegantoKeensPosted 4/27/2013 3:05:00 AM
Careful with Therian guys, he is about to choke on his own ego.

I killed the only two shinies I ever encountered without even realising they were shiny. One was an Articuno.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake