This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stupid things you used to do when you were younger/ new to pokemon

#31TherianReturnsPosted 4/27/2013 2:31:00 AM
VegantoKeens posted...
Careful with Therian guys, he is about to choke on his own ego.

I killed the only two shinies I ever encountered without even realising they were shiny. One was an Articuno.

Nameless person who doesn't know me; shut up.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#32Xerneas66Posted 4/27/2013 2:32:27 AM
I used to get the resistances/weaknesses of Ground and Rock types mixed up.
I put as many Rock type moves as I could on my team for the battle with Byron, and when I battled Candice I tried using Dig and Earthquake to damage everything.
#33iKhanicPosted 4/27/2013 4:35:48 AM
I used to think "Amnesia's a terrible move"

Though moves that lower your opponent's stats are still fairly useless in game, because in most cases, you might as well just attack twice
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#34CakeOfLiesPosted 4/27/2013 5:41:37 AM
I thought I always had to attack a Pokemon to catch it.
Then I got a crit on a shiny.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#3512RougePosted 4/27/2013 5:59:10 AM
Thinking Rock had the same resistances, weaknesses, and immunity as Ground. I always wondered why Ice wasn't hitting that Rock type for super-effective damage (and I never dared to used an Electric move on a Rock Pokemon).
---
There used to be something important and intelligent here, but I deleted it.
#36LordMainePosted 4/27/2013 6:16:37 AM
I used to think releasing pokemon would ley me recatch thrm.
#37AllFictionPosted 4/27/2013 6:28:16 AM
my first pokemon experience in yellow, back then i still 7 years old.
Since english isnt my native language i dont understand every single word in that game. doesnt know how to flee and catch wild pokemon. i fight Brock with only pikachu.
left Pewter city with my lvl 30 Pikachu lol. defeat Misty like it was nothing :)

also give charizard cut, fly, strength, and smash rock.
---
pardon me if my grammar suck...
#38SirPikachuPosted 4/27/2013 7:03:13 AM
I kept scratch and ember on my Charizard, cuz I thought I would need something to weaken pokémon, even though he was lv 100.

I thought amnesia made you forget a move for the rest of the battle so I never used it.

In Leafgreen and Pearl, I only trained my starters so they were like lv 100, while everyone else was in their 20s.
#39brawlmastr12344Posted 4/27/2013 8:40:23 AM
Using Blizzard on Lapras and Bubblebeam on Dragonite, despite both those moves being on my Blastoise
#40gladwyn101Posted 4/27/2013 10:16:29 AM
Used a Master Ball on Bellsprout in Pokemon Blue, but that only happened once.

Up until Black and White version, spamming my starter Pokemon against everything to level 100 to cruise through the game, ignoring my other Pokemon caught for the most part, only using them as Revive bait or HM slaves. Course, I don't battle competitively so it didn't matter.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon