This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

rare candies on pokemon with max EV's

#1KukironosukePosted 4/27/2013 8:20:16 AM
Hello, i have looked around a lot but haven't found any information about this particular situation

I've read that using rare candies make you weaker because you don't gain the EV's that come with leveling manually

but what about pokemon who have the max ev's?

if you level your starter pokemon to level 60-70, eventually he will stop taking any effect from vitamins, or even the stat wings that give +1 to a given EV

My question is after you have maxed out a pokemon's ev's at 255 or w/e it is, will using a rare candy after that point produce the same stat increases as it would when you level normally, or would it still give you the same normal crummy stat increases that a pokemon would gain had it first been caught and given a rare candy
---
Pokemon Platinum Friend Code: 0346-4677-5654
#2zurcnPosted 4/27/2013 8:27:08 AM
after you're done ev training feel free to rare candy
---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
http://youtu.be/iTJtTiQYlNU
#3Relient_KPosted 4/27/2013 8:52:15 AM
I don't understand how someone who understands EV's could possibly ask this question.
---
We all ate the biscuits, Fighter. We can all see through time. [ER]
#4Hydra_Gundam_Posted 4/27/2013 8:53:29 AM
I still dont understand ev training. I dont think I did it right.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#5noobody1Posted 4/27/2013 8:59:01 AM
As generation V, rare candies have no adverse effects. Unlike the other gens, the EV calculations happen after every battle. In the other gens it happened after level up, allowing your Pokemon to be stuck at lvl 100 unable to gain EVs.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9