This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I never played any of the DPP games

#1RikashiPosted 4/27/2013 9:15:54 AM
Topic^

So, am I missing out much? I know that the fourth gen gets a lot of hate for bad design, and I think I might be spoiled a bit by BW(2) but I'm still thinking about picking it up cheaply. Is it worth playing through?
#2BottledPoePosted 4/27/2013 9:19:02 AM
Sure it's worth playing through. It's my least favorite gen, but I still like it because it's Pokemon.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7585-1835
#3MeanestGuyEverPosted 4/27/2013 9:20:58 AM
Platinum is one of the best Pokemon games, absolutely get it. Love that game.. Diamond/Pearl are pretty much unplayable because of the sluggishness/bugginess and poor Pokemon selection. Platinum fixed all of that and brought out the strengths of the generation.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/TRILLHOUSE_
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/42928067/Kaki+King+kakiking.jpg
#4alpha-apePosted 4/27/2013 9:22:19 AM
BottledPoe posted...
Sure it's worth playing through. It's my least favorite gen, but I still like it because it's Pokemon.

This
---
Official Jigglypuff of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U boards
#5dwdwdw6Posted 4/27/2013 9:40:01 AM
MeanestGuyEver posted...
Platinum is one of the best Pokemon games, absolutely get it. Love that game.. Diamond/Pearl are pretty much unplayable because of the sluggishness/bugginess and poor Pokemon selection. Platinum fixed all of that and brought out the strengths of the generation.

That.
#6koopabros64Posted 4/27/2013 9:41:09 AM

You sure have an exaggerated perception of unplayable.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#7muttalPosted 4/27/2013 9:41:39 AM
Platinum is brilliant. Has the most psychotic villain of all the games. Other stuff like increasing the Surf speed makes it a real good improvement.

Definitely should be played.
---
GameFaqs....a place where people are friendly and nice to each other? You must live in a fantasy world.
#8RatedRKO7Posted 4/27/2013 9:45:09 AM
You should play Platinum. Diamond and Pearl looks like a beta version of Platinum and are not worth playing.
---
Got it memorized?- Axel
Pokemon X & Y takes place in France started 1/8/13 Official Infernape and Jasmine of The Pokemon X Board and Kyogre of Pokemon Y
#9Human-BeanPosted 4/27/2013 9:49:46 AM
Platinum still feels slow but, is playable.
---
The bean represents the poop; one of the greatests substances created by men.
#10VegantoKeensPosted 4/27/2013 10:14:53 AM
Platinum is jam packed full of content and has awesome characters to fight. It is the only game that does gym rematches right without any huge fuss and it has a great enemy team leader and champion.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake