This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The beginning of games are always so boring

#1BrayWyattPosted 4/27/2013 2:19:26 PM
Is it too much to ask for the early parts of the game to not be such a chore?
---
Believe in Bray Wyatt
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 4/27/2013 2:20:55 PM
There should be a question before you play the game (along with "are you a boy or a girl?" and whatnot) that asks "Have you played Pokemon before?".
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/27/2013 2:20:59 PM
The games are "boring" because it's what they call a slow start, it wouldn't be much fun if you went from facing level 3 Pokemon to level 64 in a matter of seconds that (although you can catch them) would stomp your team if you failed instantly.

Aside from that, it's done to help new players into the series. (see Disgaea, Persona, or any other RPG for that matter.)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#4themagicpainmanPosted 4/27/2013 2:21:27 PM
After playing Okami I can handle any early game.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#5FierceDeity1026Posted 4/27/2013 2:24:51 PM
Ni no Kuni took forever for the game to start up. The beginning of Pokemon games never seemed too terrible to me.
#6BardWannabePosted 4/27/2013 2:32:15 PM
It's the midpart where I find my attention drifting most. I can't account for it--sometimes I just seem to run out of steam for a bit. Of course, if it's an RPG I care about, I'll pick it up soon afterward.
#7SP_WesPosted 4/27/2013 2:36:50 PM
BardWannabe posted...
It's the midpart where I find my attention drifting most. I can't account for it--sometimes I just seem to run out of steam for a bit.

Sounds about right. Usually, I enjoy the beginning because I level up fast and I get to put my team together. But around Gym 5, I have a full team, leveling up takes longer, and there isn't much challenge. Things tend to drag until the Elite 4 then.
---
"We have no loofas in the Palace of Wisdom" - John Morrison
#8eponastarPosted 4/27/2013 3:28:51 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
There should be a question before you play the game (along with "are you a boy or a girl?" and whatnot) that asks "Have you played Pokemon before?".

I agree with this, then we can skip the lessons on how to throw pokeballs etc.
---
" I never told anyone.... but I've always thought they were lighthouses "
Seriously, go play To the Moon
#9KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/27/2013 3:32:18 PM
eponastar posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

I agree with this, then we can skip the lessons on how to throw pokeballs etc.

cuz a a minute or two of tutorials is soo taxing
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#10JiggsMasterPosted 4/27/2013 3:33:34 PM
FierceDeity1026 posted...
Ni no Kuni took forever for the game to start up. The beginning of Pokemon games never seemed too terrible to me.

Because Ni no Kuni sucks
---
When Rice gives you lemons, you squirt them in her eyes
Official JiggsMaster of the Series Ruining Pokemon X Board