This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How will trading from older generations work?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How will trading from older generations work?
2 years ago#1
Recently I picked up soul silver and white 1 and 2. Before this I haven't played a Pokemon game since the original r/b/y series.

I am wondering how this will work because the previous games are DS and the new one is 3ds. Although I didn't "catch them all" in white 2 yet I am thinking about trading my white games in to take money off of Pokemon x/y since I cannot think of a way our old Pokemon can be transferred to the new generation. Does anyone know or can think of a way it can?
---
Gamertag: Mr Anarchy Duck
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Halo Wars, Borderlands 2, Forza 4/Horizon
2 years ago#2
They'll probably sell us an app.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
2 years ago#3
Dragon Quest Monsters already has an app to transfer data. If Square-Enix, who isn't especially tight with Nintendo, can figure it out, then GameFreak definitely can.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
2 years ago#4
If there's a digital download version, in theory it could transfer directly from a DS card.
2 years ago#5
why an app? is it that hard to see a second "download play" minigame?
---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
http://youtu.be/iTJtTiQYlNU
2 years ago#6
Wish it didn't have to be so, but it will probably be post game to boot.
2 years ago#7
I hope we start anew so hackers/cheating trolls can't transfer their Pokegened Pokemon to X and Y.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
2 years ago#8
zurcn posted...
why an app? is it that hard to see a second "download play" minigame?

Kinda.. yeah.

Let's say you're a Pokemon species and evolution collector . You are fond of collecting different trainer IDs... yadayada...

The current Pokedex no is 649. Can you imagine transfering that many Pokemon with the current set up? The transfer lab only lets you transfer 6 Pokemon at a time. You can't even have hold items or HMs on them.
To top it off you need 2 DS systems.
The last time I transfered over 500 Pokemon, took me TWO days!
---
STYLE SAVVY KITSUKE THE ART OF DRESSING SHOP CODE L19T69T72
2 years ago#9
TherianReturns posted...
I hope we start anew so hackers/cheating trolls can't transfer their Pokegened Pokemon to X and Y.

I hope you never get something you want.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
2 years ago#10
Wallydraigle posted...
TherianReturns posted...

I hope you never get something you want.

Too late.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How will trading from older generations work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived