This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

does anyone else not like pokegen?

#1A_Bit_Of_CharmPosted 4/27/2013 10:45:41 PM
I don't mind if someone just wants a Pokemon in their Pokedex. But when they claim that they're shinnies, but intstead they're from pokegen, It drives me crazy! I train all my pokemon myself with perfect EVs and bred great IVs. It takes me weeks to breed and train perfectly. My friend uses Pokemon from pokegen everytime I battle him. He throws perfect EVs and 31 IVs on every pokemon! He also puts moves that can't go on the Pokemon. Yet if I ask him how to EV train for real, he has no idea what it even means or how to do it. He doesn't even know what an egg group or egg move means. I just feel that training pokemon to the best of my ability makes me a stronger trainer, than just magically creating a PERFECT pokemon. I think it kills the reason to play against people.

I just want other peoples opinions. I want to know if you feel the same way or not.
---
XBL GT: A Bit Of Charm
#2javel34Posted 4/27/2013 10:50:27 PM
I agree, especially if he is making obiovius hacks.

Inb4ihavealifeandcanttrain
---
Black 2 FC:0519 5089 8733
#3TruePowerSeekerPosted 4/27/2013 10:53:12 PM
I love pokegen because it lets me get the damn event pokemon and basically all I have to do is go to the wiki and read what the event gave the pokemon and just copy it into pokegen. Then boom I have the event pokemon.

Just to have the ability to do that I am willing to let people just edit in supermons.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn
#4A_Bit_Of_Charm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 10:56:14 PM
TruePowerSeeker posted...
I love pokegen because it lets me get the damn event pokemon and basically all I have to do is go to the wiki and read what the event gave the pokemon and just copy it into pokegen. Then boom I have the event pokemon.

Just to have the ability to do that I am willing to let people just edit in supermons.

Yes, i think that is fine too. The only time i disagree is when i battle the pokemon created by pokegen.
---
#5KyrieIrvingPosted 4/27/2013 10:58:59 PM
I used Pokemon created from Pokegen to battle because it takes too long to breed for IVs and Natures and Egg moves. I just don't have the time to do that. Like you said, it takes you a week just to train a few Pokemon.
---
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif
#6TruePowerSeekerPosted 4/27/2013 11:01:43 PM
KyrieIrving posted...
I used Pokemon created from Pokegen to battle because it takes too long to breed for IVs and Natures and Egg moves. I just don't have the time to do that. Like you said, it takes you a week just to train a few Pokemon.

Out of curiosity if you want to do that then why don't you just go to Pokemon Showdown and play there where everyone has max IV and EVs handed to them.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn
#7WindyligthPosted 4/27/2013 11:03:13 PM
I hate pokegen.

It always glitches the f*** outta my action replay, forcing me to use the gts to get perfect pokes.

I never had this problem with pokesav.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#8A_Bit_Of_Charm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 11:05:10 PM
KyrieIrving posted...

But you dont have to make them as perfect as i try to make them. I wont stop breeding until i get the IVs i want. Every egg i make, i hatch then look at the IVs. If i dont like it ill release it. But i cant make 31 IVs in every stat. i really only get one 31IV in whatever stat i want the most of. So do you put 31 in all or just the stat that needs it? I cant breed something with perfect IVs, the most i can do is hope for the best.
---
#9KyrieIrvingPosted 4/27/2013 11:34:54 PM
TruePowerSeeker posted...
KyrieIrving posted...

Out of curiosity if you want to do that then why don't you just go to Pokemon Showdown and play there where everyone has max IV and EVs handed to them.

That was before I knew about Showdown. Also, I liked playing on the actual cartridge and playing against people on the battle board and stuff.
---
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif
#10BountyanPosted 4/28/2013 1:57:50 AM
I use Pokegen. And I'll keep using it until they get rid of the stupid bulls*** that are IVs. Not wasting my time for hours biking up and down a route rather than actually playing the game. Not worth it.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo