This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

does anyone else not like pokegen?

#11hyjinx17Posted 4/28/2013 3:19:17 AM
Well your friend is doing it wrong. If he were making legit pokemon, you would have nothing to really complain about, it would just be whining.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#12A_Bit_Of_Charm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 8:22:17 AM
Bountyan posted...
I use Pokegen. And I'll keep using it until they get rid of the stupid bulls*** that are IVs. Not wasting my time for hours biking up and down a route rather than actually playing the game. Not worth it.

So i bet you put 31 IVs on everything right? When its 99.9% chance you would never be able to breed a pokemon with 31 IVs in everything.
---
XBL GT: A Bit Of Charm
#13luigispezzottiPosted 4/28/2013 8:52:36 AM
Just for the record:

A certain VGC World Champion used pokesav/pokegen to create his Pokemon.
#14KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/28/2013 9:01:32 AM
A_Bit_Of_Charm posted...
Bountyan posted...
I use Pokegen. And I'll keep using it until they get rid of the stupid bulls*** that are IVs. Not wasting my time for hours biking up and down a route rather than actually playing the game. Not worth it.

So i bet you put 31 IVs on everything right? When its 99.9% chance you would never be able to breed a pokemon with 31 IVs in everything.

And yet, that still makes it possible.

Praise pokegen for making it simpler.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#15TheJester2Posted 4/28/2013 9:03:57 AM
I honestly couldn't care less as long as the genned pokemon are within reasonable/legal limits.

If you can't tell the difference between a genned pokemon and a bred one, then does it really make a difference?

I mean seriously, aren't there more important things in life you can save the whole "shortcuts r bad" argument for?
---
[This sig was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator for potential sexual innuendo]
PSN: Whsguy
#16KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/28/2013 9:09:44 AM
TheJester2 posted...
I honestly couldn't care less as long as the genned pokemon are within reasonable/legal limits.

If you can't tell the difference between a genned pokemon and a bred one, then does it really make a difference?

I mean seriously, aren't there more important things in life you can save the whole "shortcuts r bad" argument for?

Wisdom flows from this post.
---
#17trewerdPosted 4/28/2013 9:30:54 AM
Since I don't battle competitively and I think generating event pokemon is kinda cheating, I don't use it. Though I'm fine with being traded generated pokemon since I'm getting it from a trade and am not actually the one generating it.
---
I like English dubs.
#18SophieLuvsTofuPosted 4/28/2013 9:34:52 AM
I don't even get the point of full evs/ivs or whatever.

It's pointless, just play pokemon the way it was meant to be played.
EV training is abuse of a game mechanism. You're not supposed to have all attack or all defense evs. You're supposed to get evs that compliment what you fight.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N6JmN.jpg
Thanks mignoncurieux!
#19VegantoKeensPosted 4/28/2013 10:34:35 AM
I'm amazed this is allowed for online battling. In any other game you would get banned in a heartbeat.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#20KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/28/2013 10:49:54 AM(edited)
VegantoKeens posted...
I'm amazed this is allowed for online battling. In any other game you would get banned in a heartbeat.

When done properly, it isn't possible to tell the difference between a hacked pokemon and a legit one.

Obviously hacked pokemon can't be used online, however.

Also, if found out at some tournaments, the player will be banned.
---