This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

does anyone else not like pokegen?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. does anyone else not like pokegen?
3 years ago#11
Well your friend is doing it wrong. If he were making legit pokemon, you would have nothing to really complain about, it would just be whining.
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
3 years ago#12
Bountyan posted...
I use Pokegen. And I'll keep using it until they get rid of the stupid bulls*** that are IVs. Not wasting my time for hours biking up and down a route rather than actually playing the game. Not worth it.

So i bet you put 31 IVs on everything right? When its 99.9% chance you would never be able to breed a pokemon with 31 IVs in everything.
XBL GT: A Bit Of Charm
3 years ago#13
Just for the record:

A certain VGC World Champion used pokesav/pokegen to create his Pokemon.
3 years ago#14
A_Bit_Of_Charm posted...
Bountyan posted...
I use Pokegen. And I'll keep using it until they get rid of the stupid bulls*** that are IVs. Not wasting my time for hours biking up and down a route rather than actually playing the game. Not worth it.

So i bet you put 31 IVs on everything right? When its 99.9% chance you would never be able to breed a pokemon with 31 IVs in everything.

And yet, that still makes it possible.

Praise pokegen for making it simpler.
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
3 years ago#15
I honestly couldn't care less as long as the genned pokemon are within reasonable/legal limits.

If you can't tell the difference between a genned pokemon and a bred one, then does it really make a difference?

I mean seriously, aren't there more important things in life you can save the whole "shortcuts r bad" argument for?
[This sig was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator for potential sexual innuendo]
PSN: Whsguy
3 years ago#16
TheJester2 posted...
I honestly couldn't care less as long as the genned pokemon are within reasonable/legal limits.

If you can't tell the difference between a genned pokemon and a bred one, then does it really make a difference?

I mean seriously, aren't there more important things in life you can save the whole "shortcuts r bad" argument for?

Wisdom flows from this post.
3 years ago#17
Since I don't battle competitively and I think generating event pokemon is kinda cheating, I don't use it. Though I'm fine with being traded generated pokemon since I'm getting it from a trade and am not actually the one generating it.
I like English dubs.
3 years ago#18
I don't even get the point of full evs/ivs or whatever.

It's pointless, just play pokemon the way it was meant to be played.
EV training is abuse of a game mechanism. You're not supposed to have all attack or all defense evs. You're supposed to get evs that compliment what you fight.
http://i.imgur.com/N6JmN.jpg
Thanks mignoncurieux!
3 years ago#19
I'm amazed this is allowed for online battling. In any other game you would get banned in a heartbeat.
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
3 years ago#20
VegantoKeens posted...
I'm amazed this is allowed for online battling. In any other game you would get banned in a heartbeat.

When done properly, it isn't possible to tell the difference between a hacked pokemon and a legit one.

Obviously hacked pokemon can't be used online, however.

Also, if found out at some tournaments, the player will be banned.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. does anyone else not like pokegen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived