This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

does anyone else not like pokegen?

#21gpstylezPosted 4/28/2013 9:56:38 AM
I don' use pokegen and other cheating devies. IMO, if you keep that to yourself, it's fine. If you use it to battle other people, thats just sad. There are more important things in life that requires your effort than improving your battle records. It's just a video game. In the end of the day, is it really going to make you a better person in the real world?
---
I don't care which team wins the NBA playoffs...as long as it's not the Miami Heat.
PW2: 3912-5390-4626
#22themagicpainmanPosted 4/28/2013 10:01:12 AM(edited)
I would never brag about hacked shinies. That said, I have nothing against people using hacking shinies with good natures/ivs with legal movesets and abilites.

I mean, some Pokemon just look way cooler shiny for me. It's not about the rarity, it's about wanting a blue Gardevoir or a white Ninetales.

Edit: I don't even get the point of full evs/ivs or whatever.

It's pointless, just play pokemon the way it was meant to be played.
EV training is abuse of a game mechanism. You're not supposed to have all attack or all defense evs. You're supposed to get evs that compliment what you fight.

lol
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#2312RougePosted 4/28/2013 10:02:45 AM
I'm okay with it, as long as people don't make illegal Pokemon with it.
---
There used to be something important and intelligent here, but I deleted it.
#24MrMahoPosted 4/28/2013 10:07:41 AM
I'm fine with it. I use it myself, but I don't make all of my Pokemon have 31IVs in each stat. I actually try to balance it out. Let's say I have and IV of 31 in Speed or something. I'll make the Defense or some other stat lower, like 7.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with it, unless people use Pokemon with abilities and moves that they originally don't have. My one friend told me to PokeGen her a Water Absorb Charizard and a Lightning Rod Lapras. Obviously rejected her request. Found it funny that she was going to try and use them competitively though.
---
Official Miror Admin with Shadow Gardevoir and Shadow Dusclops
#25themagicpainmanPosted 4/28/2013 10:11:17 AM
Water Absorb Charizard

Still NU :V
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#26Rob_Van_Dam93Posted 4/28/2013 12:06:24 PM
A_Bit_Of_Charm posted...
I don't mind if someone just wants a Pokemon in their Pokedex. But when they claim that they're shinnies, but intstead they're from pokegen, It drives me crazy! I train all my pokemon myself with perfect EVs and bred great IVs. It takes me weeks to breed and train perfectly. My friend uses Pokemon from pokegen everytime I battle him. He throws perfect EVs and 31 IVs on every pokemon! He also puts moves that can't go on the Pokemon. Yet if I ask him how to EV train for real, he has no idea what it even means or how to do it. He doesn't even know what an egg group or egg move means. I just feel that training pokemon to the best of my ability makes me a stronger trainer, than just magically creating a PERFECT pokemon. I think it kills the reason to play against people.

I just want other peoples opinions. I want to know if you feel the same way or not.

1. some of us have lives and dont have time for that

2. whoa there Mr.pokemon master , you are taking this a bit too far and should step outside every once in a while
---
PSN:SS5DEJAN
#27BountyanPosted 4/28/2013 12:13:09 PM(edited)
A_Bit_Of_Charm posted...
Bountyan posted...
I use Pokegen. And I'll keep using it until they get rid of the stupid bulls*** that are IVs. Not wasting my time for hours biking up and down a route rather than actually playing the game. Not worth it.

So i bet you put 31 IVs on everything right? When its 99.9% chance you would never be able to breed a pokemon with 31 IVs in everything.

Yup. Why not?

gpstylez posted...
I don' use pokegen and other cheating devies. IMO, if you keep that to yourself, it's fine. If you use it to battle other people, thats just sad. There are more important things in life that requires your effort than improving your battle records. It's just a video game. In the end of the day, is it really going to make you a better person in the real world?

And there are more important things in life than hatching eggs for hours just to get the result I want. You could make the exact same " is it really going to make you a better person in the real world?" argument with not hacking as well.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#28BlazingRainPosted 4/28/2013 1:03:15 PM
Don't like it.

Not a fan of the competitive battling scene in general though.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#29MephilasPosted 4/28/2013 1:06:26 PM
I have a life and I do EV train my pokemon.

I just don't bother being a perfectionist over a bunch of pixels and, ergo, can give thirty thousand craps less about IVs.
---
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#30LSSJ3VegittoPosted 4/28/2013 1:34:54 PM
I dislike pokegen.

But I RNG. I really can't be arsed leaving IV's to chance. I RNG a perfect set then proceed to EV train.