This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

fairy type game transfer?

#1R_and_C_4everPosted 4/28/2013 1:15:56 PM
Now im neither for nor against the possibility of a new type, however i just don't understand how trading Pokemon from older games would work? Could someone explain it to me because at the minute there appears to be a massive loop hole with the idea of trading Pokemon form older games with the addition of a new type.
---
"Existance is a lie! Sensations are illusions, possessions are merely visions. Ooooooooommmmmm..."
-The New Age Mystic
#2Davidk92Posted 4/28/2013 1:16:44 PM
Ask someone who traded between RBY and GSC.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#3Gsus_94Posted 4/28/2013 1:18:12 PM
Well, it happened from gen 1 to gen 2. Dark and steel were added as types. Magnemite was only electric in gen 1 and when you transfer him or magneton over to gen 2, he becomes a steel type automatically.
---
Black FC: 4470 3989 3640
White 2 FC: 1979 7990 6311 (Use this one unless specified)
#4Haku125Posted 4/28/2013 1:19:01 PM
Since when do you trade with past generations? You have poke transfers but that's it. And they seemed to make it work for RG and GSC
---
Superbot: Oh you want us to nerf Sackboy? Here why don't we break the game for you!
#5Balamb00Posted 4/28/2013 1:22:02 PM(edited)
You just won't be able to bring them along in the trade room. But since that's changed it'll probably be similar to Gen 4 to Gen 5 anyhow.

Also and this...

Gsus_94 posted...
Well, it happened from gen 1 to gen 2. Dark and steel were added as types. Magnemite was only electric in gen 1 and when you transfer him or magneton over to gen 2, he becomes a steel type automatically.
#6BountyanPosted 4/28/2013 1:22:31 PM
You could trade between gen 1 and 2 just fine. I don't see the problem.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#7zurcnPosted 4/28/2013 2:03:52 PM
lets say you have a clefary, and lets say it gains fairy type

5th gen game knows a clefary is normal type, every clefary is normal type the pokemon data does not need to tell the game the clefary is normal type, therefore information about what type the pokemon is does not need to be stored with the pokemon's data

you transfer it to 6th gen

6th gen game knows a clefary is normal/fairy, every clefary is normal fairy, the pokemon's data does not need to tell the game that a clefary is normal/fairy

back to you:
how does the game deal with a sacred sword keldeo if you transfer from b2w2 to bw?
---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
http://youtu.be/iTJtTiQYlNU