This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

idea for the game: Pokemon Battling Academy

#1AlphaDiamondPosted 4/28/2013 1:33:15 PM
let's be honest, all of us know at least what competitive pokemon is. some of you already play it, and others try to enter in this world of deep fights. but, as one that has tried to enter into competitive pokemon, i found it a bit hard to understand: how to decide your team, the different roles, how to train your pokemon... lots of websites talk about this, all with different explanations, and it's a bit hard. then i had this idea

some of you already asked for GF to let IVs been visible so it could be easier to train pokemon... i suggest going one step forward... my idea is the Pokemon Battling Academy, a new area apart from Battle Frontier (that should also be included in these games), accesible after the League, where you could learn in a more or less easy way all the important things about competitive pokemon battles, a place where you could learn to create your own strategies and that could help you with different features, like suggesting you moves for your pokemon, suggesting types for your team depending on the pokemon you choose, or telling you where you should train your pokemon for training an specific IV

not only that, but it could be some kind of after-E4 challenge, where you could fight special gyms to test your strategy. and also there could be an special WIFI random match with a ranking, where you could receive special prizes each week if you got an specific rank

i know it's quite impossible to have this, but this way people would be able to enter into competitive pokemon and fight against those players with a super team.
#2Hughs_RagePosted 4/28/2013 1:35:28 PM
implying Gamefreak cares about the metagame
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
#3ColtCababaPosted 4/28/2013 1:36:05 PM
Hughs_Rage posted...

---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Enforcer of WF
"YOU ARE A STUPID CHIN*!!!"
#4AlphaDiamond(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 1:41:52 PM
ColtCababa posted...
Hughs_Rage posted...

in recent interviews they explained that they were surprised to see these kind of battles when the assisted the world tournaments, so they could be more concious about this and try to help players to start fighting