This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can we all agree that a Fairy Type is better than a Light Type?

#1AphophPosted 4/28/2013 3:26:27 PM
Say what you will about a Fairy Type but at least it's not a Light Type.

Like, why would you want a Light Type? 'Cause there's a Dark Type? But we already have Fighting as the foil of Dark.
#2NewMoonShadowPosted 4/28/2013 3:32:55 PM
Aphoph posted...
Like, why would you want a Light Type? 'Cause there's a Dark Type? But we already have Fighting as the foil of Dark.

"as the foil of"? Since when does any type only have one single type that's strong against it? Well, except Normal, I guess.
#3jayman7Posted 4/28/2013 4:00:55 PM(edited)
No, I cannot agree with that.

Lots of RPGs have Light elements - some of them without Dark! Meanwhile, Ghost is essentially the type "of darkness", or did you miss all those moves with Shadow in the name? Either way, I'd be far more accepting of Light than Fairy.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 4/28/2013 4:01:29 PM
Absolutely. Once I started to think of Fairy more as a Holy/Mystic type, I accepted it
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#5BountyanPosted 4/28/2013 4:02:02 PM
I agree that it's better. It fits better as an actual attribute of a Pokemon.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#6TwiceNightleyPosted 4/28/2013 4:04:00 PM
No way man. Fairy type just seems forced and awkward. It'd be like if there was an 'Animal/Beast' or 'Alien' type. At least Light seems reasonable as an 'element'.
---
"I am the ONLY God." - Albert Wesker
#7P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 4/28/2013 4:05:38 PM
TwiceNightley posted...
No way man. Fairy type just seems forced and awkward. It'd be like if there was an 'Animal/Beast' or 'Alien' type. At least Light seems reasonable as an 'element'.

This is where I disagree. I honestly can't imagine Light as an element. However, I can see Fairy fitting that role nicely, especially with pre-existing pokemon
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#8BountyanPosted 4/28/2013 4:09:01 PM
TwiceNightley posted...

Since when are Dragon, Ghost, and Bug elements?
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#9TwiceNightleyPosted 4/28/2013 4:09:10 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
TwiceNightley posted...

This is where I disagree. I honestly can't imagine Light as an element. However, I can see Fairy fitting that role nicely, especially with pre-existing pokemon

Hunh. I guess we can agree to disagree because I see it the other way around...I can imagine a fairy using fire/water/ice attacks...I just can't imagine a dragon/ghost/fighter using 'fairy' attacks. To me, fairy seems more like a description of the Pokémon (clefairy, jigglypuff, etc) than an actual type.
---
"I am the ONLY God." - Albert Wesker
#10jayman7Posted 4/28/2013 4:09:53 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
I honestly can't imagine Light as an element.

How many RPGs have you played? >_>
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere