This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can we all agree that a Fairy Type is better than a Light Type?

#21ThatKippPosted 4/28/2013 5:51:09 PM
No, I cannot agree with that.

Lots of RPGs have Light elements - some of them without Dark! Meanwhile, Ghost is essentially the type "of darkness", or did you miss all those moves with Shadow in the name? Either way, I'd be far more accepting of Light than Fairy.

---
Official Nate of the Pokemon X board with my pet Medicham and Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#22StealThisSheenPosted 4/28/2013 5:54:44 PM
Also worth noting is that the Musketeer Four only learn basic Fighting attacks that a lot of Pokemon can learn. They don't learn any of the normal "martial arts" types of moves. Thus, that further supports the "Fighting = the good guys" theme, since... Their Fighting typing is clearly meant to represent something OTHER than... Traditional martial arts fighting/etc. like others... And since they're the Swords of Justice, it makes sense that the Fighting represents that justice/honor nature.

So, basically

Fighting and Dark are opposites
Light would be Ghost's opposite

So if Fairy is basically the "Light" type, I could see it being Ghost's opposite.
---
SEP Nash, Smelling Like the Vault since 1996
Step FOUR! Get Paid! http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/456/2z6v0qcgif.gif
#23jayman7Posted 4/28/2013 6:32:15 PM
StealThisSheen posted...
So if Fairy is basically the "Light" type, I could see it being Ghost's opposite.

Hm... now that you mention it, Fairy being an opposite for Ghost is admittedly a surprisingly strong argument I'd never seen before now - both are supernatural spirits, but of differing natures. And the Light vs. Shadow (Claw, Ball, Sneak, etc.) thing comes into play as well if Fairy picks up some Light characteristics.

This may be the first pro-Fairy argument I've seen that I can agree with, and I don't even think you meant it as such.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#24PK_GamingPosted 4/28/2013 7:01:31 PM
>no
>HELL no
---
Everything that bores me has gotta go!
~Yosuke
#25Grammar_manPosted 5/1/2013 9:49:28 AM
StealThisSheen posted...
Granted, it is worth noting that Pokemon like Croagunk and Scrafty exist, who don't fit the "Fighting = Honor/the good guys" theme... But they're outliers more than the norm. Croagunk's main typing is Poison, which usually has a negative theme around it, and learns a lot of Dark attacks, anyway... And Scrafty's main typing is Dark, which goes against the Fighting thing, anyway. They seem more like ones that got "lead astray" than actual Fighting types. Like ones that got corrupted/such. Exceptions that prove the rule, more or less.

Scrafty is also based on the Japanese Street Punks, who often combine a sense of honor... with fighting really dirty, so it kinda works.
#26fallenKlNGPosted 5/1/2013 9:51:41 AM
jayman7 posted...
No, I cannot agree with that.

Lots of RPGs have Light elements - some of them without Dark! Meanwhile, Ghost is essentially the type "of darkness", or did you miss all those moves with Shadow in the name? Either way, I'd be far more accepting of Light than Fairy.

---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#27Silent_Snake666Posted 5/1/2013 9:54:08 AM
It's not going to happen.
---
3DS friend code: 4940-5765-6493 PSN - Craig_Lennon "We're not tools of the government or anyone else!" - Gray Fox
#28HejiruPosted 5/1/2013 11:17:35 AM
We've already had this discussion like a million times.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#29Thepenguinking2Posted 5/1/2013 11:26:54 AM
TwiceNightley posted...
No way man. Fairy type just seems forced and awkward. It'd be like if there was an 'Animal/Beast' or 'Alien' type. At least Light seems reasonable as an 'element'.

---
F*** Milotic. Lilligant is the real beauty pokemon.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#30SteveBobPosted 5/1/2013 11:28:55 AM
No. Fairy sounds stupid, Light would be ok.
---
Would you kindly read this signature?...
PSN: SteveBob7 YouTube: SteveBob104