This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think the metagame would be like without stealth rocks?

#1R__TruthPosted 4/28/2013 5:35:27 PM
I think

- moltres UU or low OU thanks to hurricane spamming
- volcarona uber because it's no longer limited to finding an opportune time to come in and stay in
- dragonite almost always guaranteed to take a hit makes him one of the best
- sashes everywhere
---
If you mess with the best you'll go down like the rest
#2TwiceNightleyPosted 4/28/2013 5:38:09 PM
Wow, R-Truth? Did NOT realize he had any hardcore fans @_@...

I can deal with Stealth Rocks, even with my Bug Team. I wonder what the Metagame would be like if there was no Trick Room, or if you could at least cast Tailwind on the enemy team.
---
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." Holden Caulfield, via The Laughing Man
#3iKhanicPosted 4/28/2013 5:39:29 PM
Ho-Oh wrecks Ubers.
Volcarona, Kyurem-B, and Dragonite move to Ubers
Moltres, Chandelure, Arcanine, Darmanitan, Kyurem, Froslass, and Weavile move up to OU
Articuno, Beartic, Glaceon, and Charizard move up to UU
Butterfree moves up to RU
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#4Marcx629Posted 4/28/2013 5:41:42 PM(edited)
It wouldn't be that different for me anyway. I don't use Stealth Rocks too much, and most of the Pokemon on my main team resist them.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
Add my 3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 4/28/2013 5:42:23 PM
The Metagame would be a very happy land full of endless wonders.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#6AnclationPosted 4/28/2013 5:43:47 PM
I doubt Volcarona would be Uber, what with so many Pokes with unbroken Sashes coupled with Priority users that can stop its Quiver Dance sweep. I don't think it would it be that viable in the Uber tier either, the likes Reshiram and Ho-Oh pretty much wall it (I doubt HP Rock will KO even at +1 Special Attack), and ExtremeKiller Arceus should be able to one-shot it even without a Swords Dance. I love Volcarona, but I do feel some people really overestimate it.

But yeah, Sashes, Sashes everywhere.
#7ColtCababaPosted 4/28/2013 5:45:32 PM
No more Smogon b****ing about, "THIS IS WEAK TO STEALTH ROCK! NU IMMEDIATELY!"
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Enforcer of WF
"YOU ARE A STUPID CHIN*!!!"
#8R__Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 5:46:40 PM

I can deal with Stealth Rocks, even with my Bug Team. I wonder what the Metagame would be like if there was no Trick Room, or if you could at least cast Tailwind on the enemy team.

Made this account before he did a 180 and reverted from being awesome back to being lame ;-;

anyway i can imagine spikes would become to deal with sashes, which would help volca lot.
---
If you mess with the best you'll go down like the rest
#9ColtCababaPosted 4/28/2013 5:48:44 PM
Also, I'd complain MUCH more about Focus Sashes.
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Enforcer of WF
"YOU ARE A STUPID CHIN*!!!"
#10TwiceNightleyPosted 4/28/2013 5:49:06 PM
R__Truth posted...

Made this account before he did a 180 and reverted from being awesome back to being lame ;-;

anyway i can imagine spikes would become to deal with sashes, which would help volca lot.

XD, only little jimmy's use Stealth Rocks anyway. I think it would be cool if there was an item that blocked entry hazards. I forget, do Stealth Rocks time out? Like, if enough time goes by, do they vanish?
---
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." Holden Caulfield, via The Laughing Man