This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Give me a good reason to buy this game! B/W2 got a bit redundant

#11EnferolunosPosted 4/29/2013 7:57:46 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Twinmold posted...
It's been the same because that's what works for the series.

I bet if I asked you about Call of Duty that would not be your response.

Because Call of Duty needs to change. Pokemon does not.
Same with Mario. I'm sick of every game being based on NSMB. That was a good DS game and an okay Wii game. But after that it got old.

Tru dat
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#12Thepenguinking2Posted 4/29/2013 7:59:40 AM
DZA_UK posted...
it was just more of the same stuff :(

---
F*** Milotic. Lilligant is the real beauty pokemon.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#13TwinmoldPosted 4/29/2013 11:49:50 AM

We won't even be getting 3D movement in Pokemon X & Y. We've had more than 10 tile based Pokemon titles and they are afraid to so much as change the movement of your character. Heck, we didn't get moving sprites till Pokemon Black.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#14CakeOfLiesPosted 4/29/2013 11:54:52 AM
Twinmold posted...

We won't even be getting 3D movement in Pokemon X & Y. We've had more than 10 tile based Pokemon titles and they are afraid to so much as change the movement of your character. Heck, we didn't get moving sprites till Pokemon Black.

Your point?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#15TwinmoldPosted 4/29/2013 12:12:14 PM

Pokemon needs to change. Asides from adding in natures and items, features that only have a substantial change on the metagame, there has been no difference in any of the Pokemon games.This worked for a while, but if they don't change up something besides the 3D Pokemon, I bet you that you're going to see Pokemon decline as a franchise. You can only rehash so much.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#16PK_GamingPosted 4/29/2013 1:05:20 PM
are you serious

it's a new pokemon game
---
All it takes is constant progress, little by little. The same can be said for me, or anybody.
~Yu Narukami
#17FierceDeity1026Posted 4/29/2013 1:10:30 PM
There hasn't been too much revealed about the games yet, just look at some trailers and see if you like the new style.
#18EnferolunosPosted 4/29/2013 1:15:13 PM
Twinmold posted...

Pokemon needs to change. Asides from adding in natures and items, features that only have a substantial change on the metagame, there has been no difference in any of the Pokemon games.This worked for a while, but if they don't change up something besides the 3D Pokemon, I bet you that you're going to see Pokemon decline as a franchise. You can only rehash so much.

They continue to add new Pokemon
Good enough for me
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#19isaturnPosted 4/29/2013 1:16:47 PM
Twinmold posted...

I don't know why people keep saying that there won't be analog movement. All we've seen is one trailer, and he could have been using the d-pad to move. It's too early to tell

That being said, if this game controls exactly like the previous games only in 3D with grid based movement still, I will be mad
#20DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/29/2013 1:35:07 PM
I'm a little disappointed in you guys. As true Pokémon fans, we may be immune to each game changing not very much, but to those of whom who have lives outside of Pokémon, the same exact formula can get old. I see where TC is coming from, since the few innovations BW had were flushed away with B2W2. All Gen V Pokémon? Nope, let's use a mix of new and old like we've been doing since Gen II. Three rivals? Nope, let's go back to 1. Ending the game with something other than E4+Champion? Nope, making the Evil Team leader the final boss was too cool an idea. A Mascot Legendary encounter that's different than the previous games? Nope, let's go back to the formula… B2W2 is a bit of a cop-out in terms of story mode.

My advice is, when the game comes out, see what people are saying about it. If it's agreed to turn the franchise upside-down, go ahead and check it out, but if it's said to be the same old same old, then there's probably no need for you to buy it unless you find yourself wanting to.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.