This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lol, Genwunners.

#21ManuKesnaPosted 4/29/2013 9:23:03 AM
peteyboo posted...
"Genwunner" is just a term like "Weeaboo" that people who are insecure about their own beliefs use to belittle and demean other people.

Now, I'm not saying that those other people have the correct opinion or anything (hell, my favorite generation is the second, and I admit that the games are much better now), but really. If you have to make up a name for a group of people you don't like, then you're probably just as bad as them.

This
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna
#22CakeOfLiesPosted 4/29/2013 9:23:08 AM
NumberXI posted...
Heeeeey!!!! Im a gen 1 guy and I take offense to this!!!

Garbodor's AWESOME!!!! Eff all of you

You're not a Genwunner.

Genwunner (Jin-wun-nur)
n.
Definition:An individual who refuses to accept that Pokemon generations after the first Generation, Red, Blue, and Yellow (or to some extremists, not even Yellow), is enjoyable or has good designs of Pokemon. They are generally very violent and close-minded about their views regardless of not playing any Pokemon games since Red and Blue.

Similar words: Troll, fanboy.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#23HejiruPosted 4/29/2013 10:56:52 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
jayman7 posted...
Hey, now that's not an accurate assessment.

There need to be some Vanilluxes in the bottom half along with those Garbodors.

Then it's perfect.

forgot the swoobat

You got a problem with Swoobat, bud?
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#24iKhanicPosted 4/29/2013 11:00:05 AM
LOL, this pic uses Volcarona and Scrafty in the "good" half. As if they are good examples of Gen V pokemon. That's hysterical.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#25CakeOfLiesPosted 4/29/2013 11:01:02 AM
iKhanic posted...
LOL, this pic uses Volcarona and Scrafty in the "good" half. As if they are good examples of Gen V pokemon. That's hysterical.

Because they are.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#26HejiruPosted 4/29/2013 11:02:09 AM
iKhanic posted...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#27Dark_Link92Posted 4/29/2013 11:04:23 AM
I have a friend who is a genwunner, and he genuinely believes RBY are the best even in terms of gameplay. He also refuses to accept that Grimmer, Muk, Seel, and Dewgong are bad designs. It infuriates me.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#28iKhanicPosted 4/29/2013 11:09:01 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
I have a friend who is a genwunner, and he genuinely believes RBY are the best even in terms of gameplay. He also refuses to accept that Grimmer, Muk, Seel, and Dewgong are bad designs. It infuriates me.

Probably because they aren't bad designs. Just like Klink, Beartic, and Litwick aren't bad designs. They just aren't wildly complex or convoluted like say, Magmar or Volcarona.

Muk is a good design because its supposed to represent a sort of revenge by the pollution human's cause. They tried to do something similar with Garbodor, but they gave it a derpy face that hardly anyone takes seriously.

I'm sorry, I like designs from each gen. But when people just go ahead bashing pokemon like Muk and Seel (two of my favorite Gen 1 pokemon btw), they become just as bad as the people bashing Klink and Litwick.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#29rocketgenoPosted 4/29/2013 11:19:39 AM
Yeah, the only pokemon I had a problem with was the gothelite family
---
Official Geno of the SSBU Forums!!!!!
Official Absol of the X/Y Forums!!!!!!!!!!!
#30GoldenFantasyPosted 4/29/2013 11:23:05 AM
iKhanic posted...
Dark_Link92 posted...

Probably because they aren't bad designs. Just like Klink, Beartic, and Litwick aren't bad designs. They just aren't wildly complex or convoluted like say, Magmar or Volcarona.

Muk is a good design because its supposed to represent a sort of revenge by the pollution human's cause. They tried to do something similar with Garbodor, but they gave it a derpy face that hardly anyone takes seriously.

I'm sorry, I like designs from each gen. But when people just go ahead bashing pokemon like Muk and Seel (two of my favorite Gen 1 pokemon btw), they become just as bad as the people bashing Klink and Litwick.

People who say the Muk and Seel are bad designs are trolls. People who say they are uncreative however, are right.

Muk is a basically a large pile of radioactive sludge and Seel is a seal. Uncreative as Klink (gear) and Litwik (candle).

How is Magmar convoluted? Volcarona is a representation of the Sun, hence the Sun pokemon.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks